• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
I suspect Nombe is well paid as would be a GK the quality of Dawson. I think we need a GK, LB, RB (as think Key will move on), CM and CF. Also need to think about wingers as a plan B.
Pay details here. George Ray earns £30k more p.a.than Sam. No wonder we were keen to loan him out!

arthur

...and Colin Daniel earns twice as much as Alex Hartridge :cool:

Ash

Pay details here. George Ray earns £30k more p.a.than Sam. No wonder we were keen to loan him out!

That's a solid, reliable website if ever there was one 😋

dommers

You're assuming that they are paying all his wages. I hope we're not paying 6K for Dawson. If Daniel, Grounds, Coley and Rowe are earning more than Jay, Sweeney, Sparkes, Caprice, Hartridge and Key then we've got something wrong.

budegrecian

They were also very well-paid. Let's not forget that the gamble of trying to get into the Championship nearly bankrupted the club. However, while we are on the topic of strikers I see that David Wheeler was on twitter congratulating City. I've no idea what his contract situation is but I wonder if there's any chance that now he's a father we could persuade him that Devon really is the best place for bringing up a family.
Apparently we tried to get Wheeler in on loan in January, so could be possibility for next season.

Bridgy 81

Apparently we tried to get Wheeler in on loan in January, so could be possibility for next season.
I haven’t seen him play much for Wycombe recently but he‘s still only 31 (32 in October) and as far as I can see on transfermarkt and Wikipedia his contract with them is up this summer.
So if we are genuinely interested it would be a free transfer.
Maybe if our recruitment team think he’s right for what we need now perhaps a 2 year offer on sensible wages may tempt him.
I’m not sure he’d have a lot of interest from League One clubs or above and his obvious affinity with us (despite perhaps one MK Dons related blip) would fit in with the current positive atmosphere within our squad and add some quality and experience.

Average Joe

It's all down to who leaves before we buy, We're in a good sitation, we don't want any player to leabve and currently don't need the finances

Grecianpasty

I'm sure MT will utilize the loan market again next season. Bournemouth have some very good attacking prospects, it wouldn't surprise me to see one come our way regardless of what league they are in. Likewise, yesterday proved that Diabete could really benefit from at least a half season out on loan again, with Torquay being the obvious choice. I could see Alfie plying his trade at national league level also.

GK, CB, CM and a Striker would be the minimum I expect to see coming in. Exciting times!

denzel

I haven’t seen him play much for Wycombe recently but he‘s still only 31 (32 in October) and as far as I can see on transfermarkt and Wikipedia his contract with them is up this summer.
So if we are genuinely interested it would be a free transfer.
Maybe if our recruitment team think he’s right for what we need now perhaps a 2 year offer on sensible wages may tempt him.
I’m not sure he’d have a lot of interest from League One clubs or above and his obvious affinity with us (despite perhaps one MK Dons related blip) would fit in with the current positive atmosphere within our squad and add some quality and experience.
He would have to fight MJ for his page in the Echo though

Ashford Grecian

Firstly MT has a big summer ahead trying to retain most of the current squad, many of whom have advertised their skills this season....