• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season tickets - 2022/23 - on sale

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Renewed! I'm okay with the cost of the season ticket, it's the cost of train travel to games I struggle with.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cost of season tickets will pale into insignificance for those of us hoping for weekends away in Sunderland, Derby, Ipswich...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Cost of season tickets will pale into insignificance for those of us hoping for weekends away in Sunderland, Derby, Ipswich...
Or will they be Tuesday night trips?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Or will they be Tuesday night trips?
Especially if they're Tuesday night trips!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The traditional argument is that our ticket prices have to be high as we don't have any alternative sources of income and we, therefore, rely on ticket income to keep the club running. However, the size of recent transfer windfalls means this is arguably less than true in the past. Personally, if, for example, Ethan is sold in the summer and we bank another three or four million I'd love the club to say that we are going to use some of the money to keep the cost of tickets as low as possible as a thank you to the supporters.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
There has to be an increase, and at the rate of 3.75% is no where near inflation.

Not only are external costs going up such as electric etc, but if as we all hope we get promoted the players costs will go up. Yes there are potential windfalls out there, i.e. Ethan, Ben Chrisene, Jay Stansfield, etc. but when and if these monies come in is unknown. People have already identified we need another striker, and we aren't going to sign a quality league one one on Ben Seymour salary (should he be released), and of course the goalkeeping position has to be covered, as well as what ever other signings Matt has identified, and don't think we are going to be getting 6/7000 crowds from the get go next season (unless it is one of the bigger clubs).

Another question which has to be asked is with the move up the pyramid, when will our yoof be blooded and whether they will be up to the quality, which hopefully they will but presumably not so many of them?

If you watch the majority of matches this early bird price £430 (cost of 16 matches on the gate) is a bargain compared to paying for each match individually which would cost £621, online, or £644 at the gate. Yes it would have been nice and sensible if the club had some form of payment scheme in place like other clubs but we are rarely first to the party where finance is concerned and it is probably in a committee somewhere weighing out the benefits of the various schemes. What I would say is that in the past month for four matches I have shelled out £200 for me and my boy to enjoy the anx and excitement, a bargain, but nearly half the cost of an early bird ticket for one of us, which is why I am thinking about buying one or two.

On the face of it £28 seems a lot for a football match but that's paying on the gate, if you buy on line then it (I presume like this year) is £1 cheaper making it £27, an increase of £2. Two games a month and you have to find an extra £4, how much are cigarettes nowadays or alcohol at the bar, even if you look at £3 increase it's not that much in the greater scheme of things. Those people baulking at the current price levels are not Grecians and they would baulk at these even more so but will have missed out this year on some tremendous excitement

No increase we stagnate at best, but we don't want to stagnate, let's hope Matty T has set his sights on greater things.

Rant over

Bridgy 81

Morecambe is £150 for terrace, £250 for seats. Don't think they have a rich backer, I presume they just want to fill the ground.
They are certainly getting better crowds than they used to.
I was in Morecambe last week and had a late afternoon stroll on the seafront. Very nice it was too.
I saw signs for their football stadium but didn’t really have time to go over to look at it.
Tyson Fury lives in Morecambe, but I didn’t see him either.
He was probably nearer London somewhere preparing to duff up Dillian Whyte.

Memphis09

I can’t be bothered to look, I’m sure it isn’t more than London. You can certainly get a seat for less than £28 at Millwall or Charlton. Let’s not pretend it’s cheap at SJP
But it’s better

Memphis09

There has to be an increase, and at the rate of 3.75% is no where near inflation.

Not only are external costs going up such as electric etc, but if as we all hope we get promoted the players costs will go up. Yes there are potential windfalls out there, i.e. Ethan, Ben Chrisene, Jay Stansfield, etc. but when and if these monies come in is unknown. People have already identified we need another striker, and we aren't going to sign a quality league one one on Ben Seymour salary (should he be released), and of course the goalkeeping position has to be covered, as well as what ever other signings Matt has identified, and don't think we are going to be getting 6/7000 crowds from the get go next season (unless it is one of the bigger clubs).

Another question which has to be asked is with the move up the pyramid, when will our yoof be blooded and whether they will be up to the quality, which hopefully they will but presumably not so many of them?

If you watch the majority of matches this early bird price £430 (cost of 16 matches on the gate) is a bargain compared to paying for each match individually which would cost £621, online, or £644 at the gate. Yes it would have been nice and sensible if the club had some form of payment scheme in place like other clubs but we are rarely first to the party where finance is concerned and it is probably in a committee somewhere weighing out the benefits of the various schemes. What I would say is that in the past month for four matches I have shelled out £200 for me and my boy to enjoy the anx and excitement, a bargain, but nearly half the cost of an early bird ticket for one of us, which is why I am thinking about buying one or two.

On the face of it £28 seems a lot for a football match but that's paying on the gate, if you buy on line then it (I presume like this year) is £1 cheaper making it £27, an increase of £2. Two games a month and you have to find an extra £4, how much are cigarettes nowadays or alcohol at the bar, even if you look at £3 increase it's not that much in the greater scheme of things. Those people baulking at the current price levels are not Grecians and they would baulk at these even more so but will have missed out this year on some tremendous excitement

No increase we stagnate at best, but we don't want to stagnate, let's hope Matty T has set his sights on greater things.

Rant over
Think you comments are spot on
We need to generate more income so we can have a better squad for next season and become a yo yo club

Boyo

Rant over
I don't disagree with any of that. I think the increases are relatively moderate (8% increase if booking seats for individual matches in advance). The sting, of course, is that our starting ticket price was already high. Those of us that care enough to spend time reading and posting to Exeweb, will likely pay whatever the price is. But as mentioned already it feels expensive for new fans and those good people of Exeter whom just fancy a day out. Tickets for the Rochdale game went unsold and tonight, an actual promotion game, has only just sold out, which suggests there are not hundreds, let alone thousands of people, clamouring for tickets. Is the price of tickets a barrier?

I've no doubt that the pricing is set to maximise income, and IF we go up, the larger away followings will certainly add to that, but at what cost to the casual fan and the new fans? What impact will it have in 5 years? 10 years?

I'd like to have seen a much more creative ticketing structure. Make season tickets more appealing, by offering credit for missed matches. Family tickets, where two adults and kids get special prices. Categorise games so people pay less to watch games against Accrington and Morecambe, compared to Argyle and Derby.

I think we have a new Head of Ticketing/Marketing but just increasing the prices shows no imagination or understanding of the Club.