• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow 26 Apr 22 pre match discussion

SaintJames

The other seasons we shouldn’t forget were the golden years in the early 1930s.

1930/31 - QF of FA Cup (and the only time City have ever appeared in the FA Cup Semi Final Draw)

1932/3 - Runners up in Division 3 South. But only the Champions promoted. The closest we have ever been to the Second Tier.

1933/4 - Won the Division 3 South League Cup. Our first trophy as a professional team.

All a reminder of how special these seasons of success are.
Billy McDevitt arguably Exeter City's finest Manager (but let's park that debate for now!)

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Amond will start.He is clearly 3rd choice centre forward after Saturday. Seems likely that Nombe will come on with 20 minutes to go.Should be a very different approach to the start of the match.
Not sure, I suspect he will go with Phillips.

Red Monster

Not sure, I suspect he will go with Phillips.
Phillips didn’t make the bench yesterday.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Start with Amond and Then Nombe from the bench if needed. If not needed then Phillip's from the bench

grecIAN Harris

Start with Amond and Then Nombe from the bench if needed. If not needed then Phillip's from the bench
If Nombe is going to play a part on Tuesday I'd sooner he starts. If he breaks down then we can replace him far easier than maybe we could if he is coming on as a sub.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd start with Phillips, let him work their defence and then make the change for Amond or Nombe when tiredness creeps in.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Nombe is going to play a part on Tuesday I'd sooner he starts. If he breaks down then we can replace him far easier than maybe we could if he is coming on as a sub.
Fair shout. I mean to be honest i was thinking more of the building him back in etc. We shall see. A real shame we can't play Zanzala but we have good strikers in the wings

Alistair20000

Would like to think so but it would be a risk to start him
In his Radio Devon post match interview KMT indicated that Nombe would not be starting. Assuming he wasn’t playing mind games of course.

denzel

In his Radio Devon post match interview KMT indicated that Nombe would not be starting. Assuming he wasn’t playing mind games of course.
I can't see him starting at all, if he was wanting him to start I'm sure he would have come on yesterday.

dontpassback

I don’t care who starts,or who scores the goals,just win the gameUTC !