• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Auto(s) Charge

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
We will have to disagree Sexton. Port Vale are the biggest threat. Rovers winning all four games can only get to 82pts, which we should be able to do "with our eyes shut", it's only a point a game for us and we have the advantage in goal difference anyway.
Yes on second thoughts even if a draw means Vale have at least dropped 2 points probably best if they drop all 3.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's not what you said on March 6th.
Ian mate, what is your obsession with proving people wrong? My assessment/opinion right now is that we will finish above FGR - did I think that on March 6th (actually can't believe you've gone back that far hahahaha) - you're right, absolutely not

I already awarded you the Mystic Meg medal a few weeks back, we can get Hants to change your name to Nostraharris if you want? @Hants_red ?

grecIAN Harris

Ian mate, what is your obsession with proving people wrong? My assessment/opinion right now is that we will finish above FGR - did I think that on March 6th (actually can't believe you've gone back that far hahahaha) - you're right, absolutely not

I already awarded you the Mystic Meg medal a few weeks back, we can get Hants to change your name to Nostraharris if you want? @Hants_red ?
I just happened to be looking at another thread just before thread you're post on this one and the complete turnaround by one so vocal stood out like a sore thumb

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
5 games to go and the dream is in sight, one more win on the older codger system or mathematically 8 points needed from the last five games, and with the Vegans imploding dare we to dream - Champions!
Today sees a number of games between teams in the concertina that is the play offs and Autos, the most noticeable of which being Port Vale against the Gas ourselves and Tranmere and Sutton against Newport, in an ideal world a draw would be good at Vale Park as I can't bring myself to hope for a Gas win under the wife beater, and off the teams to make it into the Autos with us I would like it to be Port Vale.

The Vegans face another of their banker fixtures like on Good Friday in Oldham who are currently 23rd are they going to embarrass themselves again?

At this late stage of the season there are still 11 clubs competing for 7 places with a spread of points from 4th with 70 to 11th with 65. We are currently 7 points outside the concertina 😁

Home Team PositionCurrent form PositionAway TeamPositionCurrent form positionPrematch ThoughtsExpected Result
Carlisle Utd19th14thMansfield Town6th5th Mansfield's promotion push has been on the back of their amazing home form. Let's see how they react to that being broken on Saturday Away Win
The Vegans1st16thOldham Athletic23rd19thThis is the second of the Vegans "easy" matches in their run-in. Good Friday was a shock will they recover or will Oldham 's desperation prove too muchHome Win/draw
Northampton Town4th10thHarrogate Town18th15thInconsistency has been the main feature of Northampton in the run in, but they should see the better of HarrogateHome Win
Port Vale3rd1stBristol Rovers5th7th Two of the form sides along with ourselves, where would the gas be without Anderson?Draw
Salford City11th 6thBarrow21st20Salford City will not do a Vegan and Barrow's bubble will burstHome win
Sutton Utd7th8th Newport County8th8thA difficult game for the Exiles as Sutton have made their home a fortress but the Exiles like Northampton are unpredictableAway win
Swindon Town10th7thLeyton Orient14th11thSwindon's home form has let them down this season and Leyton Orient are putting some results together all be it too lateHome win

So after today we could be mathematically one win from four for promotion and when this thread was started who would of thought within grasp of the championship as well. But remember this is football and as Greavsie would say to Saint "It's a funny old game!"

grecIAN Harris

Just to add into your blurb about the Village Green game, Oldham are without the mainstay of their defence, Piergianni, having been sent off at Northampton on Saturday.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just to add into your blurb about the Village Green game, Oldham are without the mainstay of their defence, Piergianni, having been sent off at Northampton on Saturday.
The way they have been playing recently, that may be a positive

grecIAN Harris

The way they have been playing recently, that may be a positive
I doubt it Martin. Over the games that I've seen between us and Oldham, Piergianni is their only player that I would say was worth looking at if you said to me you could have any player you want from Oldham's squad.

Cowshed Grecian

FGR surely can’t slip up to Oldham, that would be ridiculous. Even if we lose today, which we won’t. I’m still backing FGR to slip up against Bristol Rovers and Swindle. Win our next two home games and we are going to be Top!

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I'm starting to think the last two games may well be a blessing. There's the potential that so much lays on the result for our opposition, much more than ourselves, that the longer the result isn't in their favour, the more caution they'll have to throw to the wind.

Today decides if we go for the title or not. If we win, we'll have the back of it broken and the lads can enjoy the last 4 games.

Positive spin

It will be interesting to see if today Barrow can continue the form they showed against FGR. If they do then they might not be quite the push over we had been expecting.
Presumably we cannot play Zanzala in that game ?