• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed. But 2 strikers in a squad for a full season is insufficient.
Ben Seymour. šŸ˜‰

Bridgy 81

Ben Seymour. šŸ˜‰
I didnā€™t include Ben.
Iā€™m not keen to add to otherā€™s comments about him but I didnā€™t really ever consider him to be a genuine member of our first team squad.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
After that performance it should be KFC and Subway the night before every game from now on.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dawson, Amond and Zanzala = three
Only two were on the pitch at any one time..

dontpassback

Thanks for the update. He also appeared to be unhappy that the club wouldn't finance a second coach driver.
What would the cost be for a second coach driver,anyone have any idea ?

dontpassback

I always enjoy reading our opponents fans forum for a different perspective on a game.
One of the Carlisle contributors is ā€œpiglet-phoenixā€ whose contributions seem to be on a par with our own American.
Could they be related or even one and the same ?
No our Pete is unique šŸ˜…šŸ˜…šŸ˜…

Cowshed Grecian

I didnā€™t include Ben.
Iā€™m not keen to add to otherā€™s comments about him but I didnā€™t really ever consider him to be a genuine member of our first team squad.
I wouldnā€™t say we are over reliant on loans at all, the GK has been magnificent and on a different level. I think MT thought Ben Seymour would come good at the start of the campaign, but sadly hasnā€™t taken his chance. Zanzala must think all his xmasā€™s came at once joining us from a poor start too the season with Barrow, I canā€™t knock him too much as we have continuously picked up points, but other than run around a lot Iā€™m not too sure heā€™s contributed much. Podge and Phillips have effected results I.e today and Bradford. But weā€™ve hardly needed to rely on them. Imagine if Sam would have stayed fit, pretty sure he would have had 20 plus goals and we would be in cruise control.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
A huge win. Iā€™m still nervous about Port Vale and Mansfield and really want us to win the next three homes to get us over the line before the final two games. Hopefully we will stay unbeaten but if we suffer a loss we will need to respond well as canā€™t afford a bad run now as the play offs would be much worse than previous times if we were to slip out of the top three. Last day could see the top four playing each other, not sure my nerves could take it.

well done city, hopefully we can get a comfortable win on Friday and help the nerves to help us for tranmere away. Would be good to be able to make three subs to rest a few if we could get say three goals ahead. Itā€™s not over yet, one game at a time city.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldnā€™t say we are over reliant on loans at all, the GK has been magnificent and on a different level. I think MT thought Ben Seymour would come good at the start of the campaign, but sadly hasnā€™t taken his chance. Zanzala must think all his xmasā€™s came at once joining us from a poor start too the season with Barrow, I canā€™t knock him too much as we have continuously picked up points, but other than run around a lot Iā€™m not too sure heā€™s contributed much. Podge and Phillips have effected results I.e today and Bradford. But weā€™ve hardly needed to rely on them. Imagine if Sam would have stayed fit, pretty sure he would have had 20 plus goals and we would be in cruise control.
Ifs, buts and may be's. OZ is what he is. He offers a physical element that none of the others do. He works hard and is committed to the job. He is not the most skillful player and isn't a goalscorer, but he is contributing. Don't see him being here next season, but I value his contribution so far.

Bridgy 81

Sorry if this is a little semantic but I didnā€™t say weā€™re been over reliant on loans I said weā€™ve been heavily reliant on them.
Running the risk of repeating myself, weā€™ve had an excellent loan goalkeeper for the entire season.
Plus, youā€™ve mentioned Ben not coming good and Sam being injured (the fact that you think if heā€™d not been injured he would have scored 20 goals is somewhat irrelevant because he has been unfortunately for a large part of the season).
So, weā€˜ve largely been reliant on loan strikers Zanzala, Phillips and Amond, as far as I understand anything.
Who else would we have played upfront otherwise?