• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Quest EFL Highlisghts WTF?!

Bridgy 81

That might be true but it wasn’t just that. He also swore like a trooper, completely unnecessary. Plus if I had a condition that meant I frequently mixed up my words and I kept making mistakes as a result, I wouldn’t take a job as an after dinner speaker.
It sounded like, from reading his book, he’s gambled virtually everything he’s ever earnt.
He said (like a lot of people, I know) he has to work because he still has young children and is in rented accommodation - having recently lost the money he and his wife/partner had saved for a deposit.
He acknowledged his options for work are limited as football is all he knows.
Doesn’t explain the unnecessary swearing though I suppose.
There’s also a documentary still available called Paul Merson:Football, Gambling and Me on the BBC iPlayer, if anyone’s interested.
I think I’m in danger of taking this thread off topic, so I’ll leave it there.

les.gtfc

Loved the scenes in your away end on Saturday when you scored the winner. Nearly as good as the scenes at Meadow Lane when we scored a stoppage time winner in front of our 2500 fans, after 8 away defeats on the trot. :)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quest could prove to be a selling point to attract more experienced players as it seems playing for Exeter City is a pre requisite for their analysers - Clinton Morrison Sam Parkin and now Jamie Mackie

DawlishBouy

In this weeks midweek fixtures four of the five Championship matches have a bearing on who gets promoted to the Premiership and if results go their way Fulham will clinch the title race. All three League One matches have a bearing on the promotion race and if results go their way Wigan will be champions. All four League Two matches have a bearing on the promotion race and if results go their way FGR will all but be champions. If City win we are promoted automatically. Wednesday night’s EFL on Quest could be the most important and most eagerly anticipated EFL broadcast of the season… except, doh!, a programme isn’t scheduled.