• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Transfer Window 2022

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I read the other day that Colchester's owner said that he could not afford to subsidise them on an annual basis as much as he was and as such (along with reduced incoming through the gate) their wage budget has gone from top 8 in the division to 17th about half of the highest budget in L2.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/19839266.colchester-united-chairman-robbie-cowling-new-signings/

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Swindon’s squad is financed by an "over £1million" hardship loan from the Football League and their wages budget is, in theory, limited to £1.5million. How bad will it feel to be pipped for promotion by them and then in a years time thay fail to repay the loan.
yea right, so you're telling me this Australian gentleman isn't pumping any money into Swindon https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/meet-the-sydney-plumber-who-saved-an-english-soccer-club-from-oblivion-20210915-p58rwp.html

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I read the other day that Colchester's owner said that he could not afford to subsidise them on an annual basis as much as he was and as such (along with reduced incoming through the gate) their wage budget has gone from top 8 in the division to 17th about half of the highest budget in L2.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/19839266.colchester-united-chairman-robbie-cowling-new-signings/
I saw a video on social media showing this owner having an argument with a supporter about this.

The supporter was telling him to sell the club, asking how they have gone from play off contenders to relegation scrappers.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
What we are up against and putting the Ollie ,money into perspective
League Two part 1

ClubOwner(s)Estimated
combined
net worth
Source of wealth
BarrowEngland Tony Shearer (40%)
England Paul Hornby (20%)
England Kristian Wilkes (20%)
England Mark Hetherington (10%)
England Bluebirds Trust (10%)[91]
Bradford CityGermany Stefan Rupp (77.5%)$130M[68]Investment
Bristol RoversJordan Wael al-Qadi (100%)[92]$550M[68]Banking and tourism
Carlisle United
(more information)
England Andrew Jenkins (37% of 93% holding company)
England John Nixon (18%)
England Steven Pattison (18%)
England The United Trust (25.4%)
$23M[68]Pioneer Foods
Businessman (retired)
Carlisle Glass
Investment Trust
Colchester UnitedEngland Robbie Cowling[93]$55M[68]JobServe
Crawley TownEngland The Executors of Bruce Winfield's Estate[94]Freight transport and inheritance from marketing services[95]
Exeter CityEngland Exeter City FC Supporters' Trust - Trust Ownership Working GroupSupporters Trust
Forest Green RoversEngland Dale Vince
Spain Héctor Bellerín[96]
$120M[68]
Harrogate TownEngland Irving Weaver[97]Property[97]
Hartlepool UnitedIndia Raj SinghPrestige Group
Leyton OrientEngland Eagle Investments 2017 Ltd$38M[68]

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
League Two Part 2
Mansfield TownEngland John Radford$38M[68]
Newport CountyWales Newport County AFC Supporters TrustSupporters Trust
Northampton TownEngland David Anthony Cardoza
England Anthony Michael Cardoza
England Deborah Jones
England Trustees of Stuart Wilson[98]
Oldham AthleticMorocco Abdallah Lemsagam
RochdaleEngland Andrew Kilpatrick
Salford City
(more information)
Project 92 Limited

Singapore Peter Lim (40%)
England Phil Neville (10%)
England Gary Neville (10%)
England Nicky Butt (10%)
England Paul Scholes (10%)
Wales Ryan Giggs (10%)
England David Beckham (10%)
$2.9B[99]

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
League Two Part 3
Scunthorpe UnitedEngland Peter Swann and family$445M[100]Retail; live entertainments; horse racing
StevenageEngland Phil Wallace (91%)[101]$90M[68]Lamex Food Group
Sutton UnitedSouth Africa United StatesGarry Otto
Saudi Arabia Nawaf Al Shammari
Investment group
Swindon TownAustralia Clem Morfuni$200m[68]
Tranmere RoversEngland Mark Palios
WalsallEngland Leigh Pomlett

STURTZ

All very well quoting what people are worth but how much of that wealth are they prepared to put into their club?

Joshyd123

Having seen on twitter the source of the supposed sighting, I wouldn't hold out much hope.
Sorry JoshyD, you've made up too many rumours before for it to be believable to me. At least you're trying to make the window interesting for us. 🤣
To be fair, I let Moomin know as I walked past SJP, saw a flashy BMW pulling out of Stadium Way with a chap driving who 100% wasn't/isn't a player on our books at the moment, walked down into Stadium Way and saw Taggs and a.n.other car parked outside by Red Square.

From what I saw, driver of said flashy BMW was very very very much like Ryan Williams, hence why I mentioned to Moomin and then posted on Twitter.

Also, I've had a relative decent strike rate for signings in previous transfer windows, maybe not since PT left as I'm sure he used my Twitter feed as his scouting portfolio for a season or two back in the day!

DawlishBouy

yea right, so you're telling me this Australian gentleman isn't pumping any money into Swindon https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/meet-the-sydney-plumber-who-saved-an-english-soccer-club-from-oblivion-20210915-p58rwp.html
Because Swindon have taken hardship monitored loans from the EFL they are operating under a wages cap. If they have kept to that restriction the playing squads wages for this season will have been paid for by the EFL.
Rob Angus, Swindon’s CEO, was interviewed by the "Price of Football" podcast broadcast 5th August 2021 [starting at the 30 minute mark]. The main points he put across were that:
They had uncovered debts of £3.5 to £4million and they expected to uncover more debt as time went on.
New owner Clem Morfuni [who at this point had invested a seven figure sum into Swindon] was not going to be a "sugar daddy".
The club had taken a hardship monitored loan of "over a £1million".

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
All very well quoting what people are worth but how much of that wealth are they prepared to put into their club?
Who knows, each individual is different and wants ownership for different reasons. Is there a site or record that the EFL :ROFLMAO: Keeps with regards to how much clubs are being supplemented by their owners.