• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Callum Rowe

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gosh! Not surprising that Callum has gone out on loan - he needs the games - but Chippenham have today released a 'Club statement' including the release of two players and saying they will cover injuries by short term loans. We could thereforesee other players heading their way in coming weeks

denzel

Gosh! Not surprising that Callum has gone out on loan - he needs the games - but Chippenham have today released a 'Club statement' including the release of two players and saying they will cover injuries by short term loans. We could thereforesee other players heading their way in coming weeks
Ben Seymour?

andrew p long

Ben Seymour?
that's who I had in mind...

StudentGrecian

that's who I had in mind...
Guessing that the rules are slightly different in the national leagues regarding player registrations?

Seymour will have already played competitively for two clubs in a season if not.

Edit: Saying that, I think Dyer played a competitive game for us and Yeovil, and has still been allowed out on loan again, so must be different rules.

jimmy

Ben Seymour?
They clearly won't pay his wages but if they need players, he'll get game time!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I find this loan odd to be honest. Rowe has come from a Premier League Academy, joined a League Two side and struggled to make any impact. We've even preferred to play a right-footed player on the left instead of putting him in the side when he's been fit (or have I missed an injury?).

Subsequently, he's in need of minutes and when we have a busy period coming up he's going out on loan.

I just find it odd. Is he another Noah Smerdon?

Shortround

I find this loan odd to be honest. Rowe has come from a Premier League Academy, joined a League Two side and struggled to make any impact. We've even preferred to play a right-footed player on the left instead of putting him in the side when he's been fit (or have I missed an injury?).

Subsequently, he's in need of minutes and when we have a busy period coming up he's going out on loan.

I think you’ve just answered your own question mate

fred binneys head

Shows the difference between Academy football and adult football. Tiki taka is difficult when you’ve got a 6’ 4” meathead up your arse. So I’m told.

SaintJames

Ronnie, hopefully he isnt another Smerdon but I guess there are no guarantees with young players. With Sparkes back in the matchday squad it pushes Rowe even further down the pecking order. It may well just be a pragmatic loan as the boy will need to play a run of games. Nat League South is a good level to play at for someone with so little experience of men's football so here's hoping it's a successful short term move

jase 07

From what I have seen he is a much better player than Noah Smerdon was, I think Tbr squad is very strong at the moment hence the loan, he is only young and should get a chance at some point