• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Jake Caprice (to Burton Albion)

Grecianpasty

I think left and right is becoming more and more academic in football. The old "left footers on the left and right footers on the right" is slowly being consigned to football history. It started with people like Henry cutting in from the left, now Salah and Mahrez cut in from the right and it's creeping into full backs too... You only have to look at how Cancelo has started the season at left back for Man City for further evidence.

Like many on here, a right footer at LB or LWB doesn't feel right but Jake has been much better there than he was last season at right back. Caprice cut a frustrating figure at times last year as he constantly checked back but with the option of cutting in or a foot race outside, he's having a better season.
Well said.
His pace and dynamism fits MT's profile for what he wants out wide, and it's great that he can be amenable where he plays. The type of squad player any team would want in league Two.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Caprice is a good player, but much better at right wing back. Our team is unbalanced at the moment.
When Sparkes is back Jake will still have to play, but where?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well said.
His pace and dynamism fits MT's profile for what he wants out wide, and it's great that he can be amenable where he plays. The type of squad player any team would want in league Two.
At the minute, you would could reasonably argue he is more than a squad player. Jack Sparkes gas his work cut out to get his wingback spot back when he is fighting fit.

fred binneys head

When Sparkes is back Jake will still have to play
I don’t think he will, Josh is a better player. I really like Jake but see him on the bench if Josh is fit.

paperclip

I don’t think he will, Josh is a better player. I really like Jake but see him on the bench if Josh is fit.
Yeah I agree with that, don't think we really missed Caprice today and once Sparkes is back fit, he should be ahead of JC in the pecking order.

Red Devon

Yeah I agree with that, don't think we really missed Caprice today and once Sparkes is back fit, he should be ahead of JC in the pecking order.
Matt Taylor tonight talking about Colin Daniel as the No 1 left back at the club...he looked strong going forward down the left today.

Reactions: Ash

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor tonight talking about Colin Daniel as the No 1 left back at the club...he looked strong going forward down the left today.
Funny game for Daniel today. Started slow but looked stronger as the game went on. Definitely a good addition to the squad.

STURTZ

Always wanted a proper left sided player there. Caprice shouldn't be forgotten though, he did well in a difficult situation.

rifraf

Always wanted a proper left sided player there. Caprice shouldn't be forgotten though, he did well in a difficult situation.
I think Jake will come to the fore when we sell Josh Key in the January window for a 7-figure sum. Remember, you heard it here first.

robchave

Somebody needs to print the 'I saw JC score!' T-Shirts. We're going to need them soon !