• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Versus Mansfield Town Saturday 23/10/21 3.00 p.m. (BST) Kick off

I think it was agreed that it was because Lee isn't allowed out on a school night as he has to do his Maths homework.

Jeez! I thought I'd explained this to you guys on a previous thread. You're treating him like a naughty schoolboy missing classes. As a former teacher and ex Head, I find it admirable he wants to go back into Further Education and trying to combine which might ultimately be his vocation. His School/ College/Academy will be acutely aware of this and moving Heaven and Earth to make sure he achieves his ambition, as with every student with their chosen path By the time he gets to 6th Form, he won't be treated as a naughty little schoolboy but and emerging adult and young person, with ambitions who's looking to his path through life and Harry will have potentially a fantastic one.

The balance between his academic studies and his City commitments will be being carefully managed between Club and School. Should he be picked to start a game for example, as he was a few weeks ago v Cheltenham, the school will consent for him to go and give him the next day off. However 200 miles to Crawley mid-week to sit on the bench is a no brainer. It's a balance. Tuesday was not happening. It's Maths homework. The balance for him is vital, as it was for Ethan at an even younger age who was really well managed in this respect. That's why our Goal-Keeping coach occasionally sits on the bench when these long midweek away days require, assuming he won't be required!!!!!

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure it's a 'no brainer' but it is a calculated risk.

If Brown had come on, I'm sure he would have done well, so the issue is whether he would have done better than Lee.

But when was the last time we had to sub a keeper in a match? I can't think when, but there was a chance Dawson could have been taken out or sent off in the penalty incident, so a replacement would have been needed.

Presumably Matt felt that Brown was adequate, but he will revert back for Saturday.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Apparently it's our 4000th Football League match! :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Engineering works on the Waterloo line, so buses replace trains between Honiton and Exeter.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We have a poor record in recent seasons against Mansfield at home!

Jason's preview

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Pre-match interview with Matt Taylor

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Pre-match interview with Matt Jay

Ian Tarr

Apparently it's our 4000th Football League match! :)
Is it, though?......

david61

Is it, though?......
Yes, there is a summary and season by season results on The Grecian Archive.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
"We brought on Podge to keep the ball higher up the pitch" (or something similar),

Dawson

Key Sweeney/Ray Hartridge Caprice

Collins Dieng Taylor

Jay

Amond Nombe

Matt's wingless wonders