• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

‘Her Game Too’ Exeter City v Newport County Matchday Thread

Red Box

The problem isn't the keeper, it is the leaky defense. Really surprised with Matt Taylor in charge we have such a weak backline.

Grecian_Matt

Dawson has been superb this season so I wouldn’t be to harsh on him . But 3 wins from 12 is not good enough .
It isn’t good enough, but then we will never get rid of Taylor.
I wanted rid end of last season, but was willing to give him one more season.
If he doesn’t make the play offs this season then he needs to be let go.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
4 minutes added

ryancooper327

Ray has been fantastic this season, poor decision to drop him. Still, we should have enough to win this match.

Maxi08

Wow that was poor from Dawson. Perhaps he's having one of his crisis of confidence moments that Wednesday fans talked about
And so it begins , slag off the keeper time , cut him some slack he’s been brilliant this season

scottus86

I think we have been the better or more dominant team, they've taken two pot shots and they've both gone in. Firstly neither player should have had the space to shoot or the time to pick a shot that hit the target, secondly Dawson will be disappointed with both goals, getting beaten at distance twice in a half.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
And so it begins , slag off the keeper time , cut him some slack he’s been brilliant this season
How is that slagging him off? Yes he's been brilliant so far this season and has kept us in the game on a number of occasions, but today he's having a doomer and it is okay to make a comment that reflects that.

Grecian_Matt

I will also say that although the first goal was a shocker from Dawson, no one mentioned Sweeney for the initial shocking pass which gave possession away.

Dawson has been superb all season and it is unfortunate that one mistake and it costs a goal.
Defenders constantly give possession away and it rarely leads to a goal, otherwise with Sweeney we would lose an awful lot of games

Trapdoor

We arent doing anything with our free kicks and corners. Literally may as well not take them.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I will also say that although the first goal was a shocker from Dawson, no one mentioned Sweeney for the initial shocking pass which gave possession away.

Dawson has been superb all season and it is unfortunate that one mistake and it costs a goal.
Defenders constantly give possession away and it rarely leads to a goal, otherwise with Sweeney we would lose an awful lot of games
Sweeney's biggest fault it his inability to retain possession. He is generally so careless with his passing its almost like he simply doesn't see the opponent he passes to.