• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sutton United Matchday Thread

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sutton view on the game.

Oh dear, what a shame.

tavyred

....or conversely Sutton were not good enough to make their dominance count.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You Tube highlights

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sutton view on the game.

He fails to mention if you miss ALL your chances you won't beat anybody.

budegrecian

He also said the crowd was quiet until we scored, didn’t sound like that on the radio.
The BB was absolutely rocking yesterday. Very impressive considering we under pressure for the first hour of the game.

Antony Moxey

So on one hand you accuse me of being shameful for, in your opinion, seemingly accepting the status quo and then on the other hand you tell me I'm talking fanciful gibberish when I suggest that educating the kids correctly will eventually get things correct.
So how, with your high social understanding, do you balance racial equality because if you think that taking a knee is going to change a 40 year engrained mindset then I think it's you that is suffering with fanciful gibberish.
As I said before, I have no idea. Like you I’m a middle aged white bloke who’s lived his whole life in a cultural back water. What do I know about racial issues or how to over come them? F*** all, because I’ve never been subject to racism or had to deal with racism. I’m clueless. Same as you. So pontificating over what should be done is pointless because you’re coming at from the perspective of a middle aged white bloke who’s had an easy and comfortable life.

So if black players want to take a knee that’s up to them, I have nothing with which to challenge them on that so I’m happy for them to do that if that’s what they feel they need to do. And also, because they, who have had the experiences I never have and am unlikely to ever have, feel it’s something they need to do then I’m happy to support them in that, which is presumably why their white team mates take a knee also.

But you obviously know better, so perhaps you might like to take a short drive out to the training ground to tell our black players where they’re going wrong, what with you having all the answers and all that.

grecIAN Harris

As I said before, I have no idea. Like you I’m a middle aged white bloke who’s lived his whole life in a cultural back water. What do I know about racial issues or how to over come them? F*** all, because I’ve never been subject to racism or had to deal with racism. I’m clueless. Same as you. So pontificating over what should be done is pointless because you’re coming at from the perspective of a middle aged white bloke who’s had an easy and comfortable life.

So if black players want to take a knee that’s up to them, I have nothing with which to challenge them on that so I’m happy for them to do that if that’s what they feel they need to do. And also, because they, who have had the experiences I never have and am unlikely to ever have, feel it’s something they need to do then I’m happy to support them in that, which is presumably why their white team mates take a knee also.

But you obviously know better, so perhaps you might like to take a short drive out to the training ground to tell our black players where they’re going wrong, what with you having all the answers and all that.
I'm not saying what they're doing is wrong, I'm saying what they should be doing next and, if they already are, get it out in the public domain to show that they really are beating the doors down and getting past the mindless morons. Be loud and proud about it, he who shouts loudest and longest and all that. As for our upbringings, you might have been no further than Exeter and never had a black friend or colleague until you were 25 during yours, I was being brought up all around the country and even abroad for a short couple of years whilst my Dad was in the RAF. You get to see a few things, learn a few things, meet a lot of different people of colour, creed and nationality and, whilst it's not even close to being on the same level as racism, get targeted by the locals because your RAF kid.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know why the Sutton players don't join in with taking the knee? I had a quick look at google but couldn't find an explanation, although this picture suggests it's nothing new.

Pete Martin (CTID)

The BB was absolutely rocking yesterday. Very impressive considering we under pressure for the first hour of the game.
I think he must be deaf in his right ear!! ;) :ROFLMAO:

Ashford Grecian

Atmosphere sounds brilliant
Was incredible 👍