• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sutton United Matchday Thread

CraigECFC

Sweenz apologising on Twitter for his performance today.

dontpassback

If I was a Sutton fan watching that I would be gutted,they have come up from non league with a bit of muscle and pace and will certainly catch a lot of sides out,we rode our luck and combined with Matt Taylor’s plan b and changes,we came out on top,if you can win ugly it shows character in the side,and once again Kay played well after the first half where all the city players looked out of it,and Kyle Taylor showed some veray good touches,so all in all a good 3 points against a team who I think will surprise a few,well done city !

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
What was that woman going on about that interrupted the interview with Matt Taylor?

fred binneys head

Gotta love Sweenz!

dontpassback

Fair play to him for putting it out there,shows character,so well done pierce

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw a guy with a Plymouth shirt in Sidwell Street before the game today
I saw a lad in an Argyle shirt at Killerton once. (n)

tavyred

Kyle Taylor is a player. 👍
Thankyou and good evening.

older-codger

I will wait until tomorrow to make my final judgment after I have watched the game on iFollow but watching the text commentary on Sky Sports app was a painful experience. 3 corners almost from kick off followed by numerous others with all the action being Sutton. "Corner conceded by....." followed by "corner conceded by ..... " followed by "corner conceded by ......" Then more corners in the second half and I was just waiting for a goal to come up for them, expecting it to be inevitable with all the corners and pressure. Brown not even mentioned until the 67th minute followed a minute later by a shock goal for City! Then the changes and what I presume appeared to be a change to 4-4-2? From then on the texts appeared to be nearly all City attacking for the last 20 minutes with a second goal from Nombe.

A strange game that left me anticipating a certain defeat. You can't judge the defensive performance from limited text commentary but I can only presume that this was where the game was won in the first 70 mins.

jrg333

What was that woman going on about that interrupted the interview with Matt Taylor?
I think she either asked him to pick his water bottle up, or reminded him not to leave it on the floor.