• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sutton United Matchday Thread

CWH-NYC_

A strong and varied bench going to be a big plus this season, so many options.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
and one of those was a pen.
And the other a worldie….

Pobbop

It must be one of our best defensive starts ever, who was it that said we'd have the worst defence in the division?

haka

Well done City. Decent unbeaten run now.

We lost 14-3 on corners!

OmanGrecian

Surprised this hasn't been started yet. My first matchday thread of the season, so I'm sorry when it all goes wrong.

Sutton are certainly no pushovers, but City are starting to click now. I can see a 2-0 win inbound. Jealous of all those who can attend, I will be following on IFollow if I can find some decent WiFi in Kosovo.

Up the City
You’re welcome

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great to see Nombe score, just to ease any pressure he may have been feeling. I like the way he communicates with the fans. He's a Grecian!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, Matt Taylor said he wanted us to grind out narrow victories when things aren't quite going our way and we certainly did that today. He has been criticised in the past for being overly cautious with his subs so deserves massive credit today for making changes early and being bold with a change of formation. Ultimately it was out strength on the bench that made a difference with both Taylor and Edwards changing the game but it did make for a bizarre spectacle; after being atrocious for nearly 70 minutes we ended with 20 minutes of champagne football.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mr Raliegh was quiet 2nd half, probably crawled back under his rock!

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks like another dismal afternoon at SJP, hope our outstanding manager can get this sorted.
Well I think he did. Anything more positive to add? 😂

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great to see Nombe score, just to ease any pressure he may have been feeling. I like the way he communicates with the fans. He's a Grecian!
Totally agree, and the Sutton number 6 will be happy to see the back of him having been left floundering embarrassingly for both goals.