• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

dontpassback

Early days and Johnson is experienced and will know not too panic,so whilst there are some good sides in the National league,there is a long way to go and I wouldn5 write them off just yet

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Torquay 0-4 up away at Maidenhead in the 1st half, Its now currently 3-4, Sounds an exciting game.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Six games played, only four points gained, the Gulls sit fourth from bottom.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Six games played, only four points gained, the Gulls sit fourth from bottom.
With Johnson talking of shedding some players not rising to the challenge, good times had by all!

dontpassback

I still think Johnson will sort it out (Gary that is,not the clown in number 10 )

The deluder

I still think Johnson will sort it out (Gary that is,not the clown in number 10 )
I think he won't. I suspect Uncle Clarke has got fed up with funding it all.

TOP_CITY_FAN

I went to the Bank Holiday game against Woking and the game on Saturday against Grimsby (in the away end, of course) and Torquay just dont have the ability to defend. You can see they have the attacking potential, but defensive wise, they wouldn't look out of place in Tiverton's league. As soon as they go behind, their heads drop and it's just a procession for the opposition.
Also, less than 2000 home fans for said game against the Mariners...

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

The Turks haven't started well - but in fairness to them there's still 114 points to play for until the end of the season!!!!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Johnson to get his P45 by end of Sep unless they get a minimum of 4 points from next 3 games. Squad is lower conference south standard and club is 3M in Debt

Pobbop

Johnson to get his P45 by end of Sep unless they get a minimum of 4 points from next 3 games. Squad is lower conference south standard and club is 3M in Debt
The point is if he's got a contract how can they afford to get rid?