• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two weeks after testing positive I'm now over the worst of it, as is Mrs S - I was placed on a 'virtual ward' from day 3 onwards for a week or so, having to submit my oximeter O2 readings twice a day, and being phoned by a doctor literally within minutes if I registered 94% or below (was as low as 85% at one point and touch and go whether I had to go into Gloucester Royal - thankfully not).

But I'm pleased to report that the fever, stabbing headaches and pains all over my body - including my hands and lower arms ffs! - are now all gone, leaving me still rather breathless, and with a cough and fatigue. If you've never experienced fatigue before - and I now know I hadn't - imagine going to bed tired, sleeping for 8 hours and then waking up even more tired. Thankfully that is easing too but it will still be a while before I'll be able to work again - my concentration is all over the place. All this despite having been double-jabbed.

Managed to take the dog around the cemetery next door earlier, which is when I discovered my sense of smell had returned :).

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I've been pinged three times this week, taken three PCR tests, two of which have come back negative, the third should be in tomorrow.

I've also been requested to isolate for 7 days, then told not to isolate.

I know exactly what I'm doing though, so that's OK.

Antony Moxey

Two weeks after testing positive I'm now over the worst of it, as is Mrs S - I was placed on a 'virtual ward' from day 3 onwards for a week or so, having to submit my oximeter O2 readings twice a day, and being phoned by a doctor literally within minutes if I registered 94% or below (was as low as 85% at one point and touch and go whether I had to go into Gloucester Royal - thankfully not).

But I'm pleased to report that the fever, stabbing headaches and pains all over my body - including my hands and lower arms ffs! - are now all gone, leaving me still rather breathless, and with a cough and fatigue. If you've never experienced fatigue before - and I now know I hadn't - imagine going to bed tired, sleeping for 8 hours and then waking up even more tired. Thankfully that is easing too but it will still be a while before I'll be able to work again - my concentration is all over the place. All this despite having been double-jabbed.

Managed to take the dog around the cemetery next door earlier, which is when I discovered my sense of smell had returned :).
Thing is, you say despite being double jabbed, but it might be that you’ve got off lightly BECAUSE youre double jabbed. If you hadn’t had the vaccine you might well have been like those poor souls at the beginning of the outbreak who were in hospital on ventilators or even dying. Now it seems we’re having little more than a few shitty days/weeks, so personally I’m more than thankful I got it after I’d had my jabs and not before.

Anyways, most pleased to hear you and Mrs Stroud coming through the worst of it and well on the way to better times 👍

StroudGrecian

Thing is, you say despite being double jabbed, but it might be that you’ve got off lightly BECAUSE youre double jabbed. If you hadn’t had the vaccine you might well have been like those poor souls at the beginning of the outbreak who were in hospital on ventilators or even dying. Now it seems we’re having little more than a few shitty days/weeks, so personally I’m more than thankful I got it after I’d had my jabs and not before.

Anyways, most pleased to hear you and Mrs Stroud coming through the worst of it and well on the way to better times 👍
Thanks Tony and likewise for your family. And you're quite right of course. I remember seeing a stat that the AZ vaccine is 70% effective against Delta, but I don't know if that means that it gives 3 out of 10 people no protection, or that it could have been 70% worse for me - I suspect the latter. In which case I would be unlikely to be replying to you now!

Just over 3 weeks on and I'm still fatigued each morning, breathless at times and with a residual cough. But still here (y)

Alistair20000

Thanks Tony and likewise for your family. And you're quite right of course. I remember seeing a stat that the AZ vaccine is 70% effective against Delta, but I don't know if that means that it gives 3 out of 10 people no protection, or that it could have been 70% worse for me - I suspect the latter. In which case I would be unlikely to be replying to you now!

Just over 3 weeks on and I'm still fatigued each morning, breathless at times and with a residual cough. But still here (y)
Sounds like you have got a really nasty bout of this fecker Stroudy. Have you got your sense of taste back ? Assuming that you lost it.

Hope you get well soon matey.

LOG

Have you got your sense of taste back ?
<insert perdictable line about Stroudy never having had much taste>

Alistair20000

Very harsh. Exweb’s resident man of culture is our Stroudy.

The man assiduously listens to a fair bit of Ludwig Van while sipping a Rooibos and tucking into Tartex canapés.

I do know about burgergate mind.

Sheer class, as Basil Fawlty might fawningly say.

StroudGrecian

You're the one who insisted we listened to Genesis on the way to Cov.

Alistair20000

You're the one who insisted we listened to Genesis on the way to Cov.
This is credible

Mr Jinx

And so we were with a friend last night who was a bit upset as her eldest son had just had a heart attack 4 days after he took his second Pfizer jab. Like Erriksen, he survived.

Then in the next sentence she told us of her nephew in his late thirties who refused to be jabbed and died of Covid 2 weeks ago.

It's a fecked up world we now live in.