• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 news 2021/22

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Despite our emphatic victory on Saturday we're still relatively under the radar for news and TV reports, Quest focusing on Orient's 4-0 home win more than ours, although (our own) Sam Parkin did briefly mention that when things start to click the division had better watch out. Two weeks time against Hartlepool will be when EFL on Quest will start bigging us up (as long as the result goes the right way) with our defence and hopefully flowing football ;)

Bridgy 81

I’ve just been looking at the league table and was struck by how congested it currently is.
I realize it’s still very early days and things will inevitably stretch out as the season progresses but at the moment only FGR and Harrogate have got off to flyers at the top and only Oldham are showing signs of being cut adrift at the bottom.
In life I’m fortunately a very optimistic and upbeat person but, for reasons I’ve never been able to quite fathom, I’m the opposite when it comes to City. I think it maybe because I want them to do well so much?
I can’t tell you how pleased I am when we win but I always seem to approach each season/game with a feeling of doom and trepidation.
For example, although we’re in 8th place (one off a play off position), seem to have an improving team and squad, have played some good stuff, are unbeaten in five, have kept four clean sheets in seven games and have just emphatically won away 4:0, I saw straight away that we’re only three points above 21st place!
I’ve noticed quite a few people on here always appear to confidently predict wins for us and don’t seem to contemplate one, let alone all four of wheels dropping off.
I‘d be nice if my Exeter City supporting experience was a less worrisome affair but think after 40 years it maybe too late for me. However, in the vain hope that most things are possible, any tips on how you do it will be gratefully received.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’ve just been looking at the league table and was struck by how congested it currently is.

I‘d be nice if my Exeter City supporting experience was a less worrisome affair but think after 40 years it maybe too late for me. However, in the vain hope that most things are possible, any tips on how you do it will be gratefully received.
League Table is far too early to be looking at in any meaningful way. For example we're next at home to Sutton who are 23rd, in the relegation places etc. However, if they had played and won their two games in hand they would be above us and if both wins were by two goals they would be fifth.

Less worrisome experience supporting City... its football innit?

Bridgy 81

……… we're next at home to Sutton who are 23rd, in the relegation places etc. However, if they had played and won their two games in hand they would be above us and if both wins were by two goals they would be fifth.
I was feeling strangely relaxed about Sutton next Saturday but I feel worse now 😬
Anyway, I’m in it for the long haul.

STURTZ

Don't even look at the table til Xmas, no point.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't even look at the table til Xmas, no point.
We need to start a 'Matt Taylor Out' thread long before Xmas if we're bottom 5 so there clearly is a point.

STURTZ

Been happy with every result this season bar Orient, if this carries on then I'm confident that we'll do well in the league. Calm down chaps.
Was I dreaming or was there a, "Is this the worst squad ever" thread a couple of weeks back?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Been happy with every result this season bar Orient, if this carries on then I'm confident that we'll do well in the league. Calm down chaps.
Was I dreaming or was there a, "Is this the worst squad ever" thread a couple of weeks back?
I think you were dreaming, but it may have been mentioned a few times in the numerous transfer signings threads. It was all a bit unknown with a big turn over of players, including losing Randall and it was a bit daunting to some. I'm happy to admit I was concerned with the lack of signings mid summer but it appears that we have now added some depth and quality.

Its early days and if I recall the last few seasons we've started very well only to fade as the season progressed, but its fair to say things are looking pretty good right now for this season and we will only get better over the next month or two as the team really settles down.

If the pitch holds up throughout the winter, as its supposed to now its full of horse hair, then I'll be disappointed with anything but automatics.

Fark the play offs, Fark Wembley, lets just get into farking League One and beat The A*gyle with a whole team of Academy products.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Four straight defeats for Mansfield, Clough with his own team, down to 20th, losing to Walsall on Saturday, how much longer will he have?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sutton playing at home to Hartlepool tonight a win for Hartlepool will put the monkey hangers up into second, a win for Sutton will boost their confidence ahead of their biggest game of the season on Saturday. Let's just not care about the end result just a couple of straight reds for both sides as these are our next two opponents ;)