• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scunthorpe United V Exeter City MDT

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Flares are classed under the explosive regulations and, as such, there are pretty stringent rules governing their use transportation and storage. As they burn the metal casing glows white hot and they give off noxious gasses and are blindingly bright.
Blimey. No wonder they went out fashion in the 70s

Grecian Max

Flares are classed under the explosive regulations and, as such, there are pretty stringent rules governing their use transportation and storage. As they burn the metal casing glows white hot and they give off noxious gasses and are blindingly bright.
Marine flares not smokebombs

Rarely see a proper flare in a ground

Grecian Max

Bring back getting told off by Butterfield at Taunton

Oldsmobile-88

Sturtz as someone in the trade.Is a flare classed the same as a smoke grenade in a Risk Assessment scenario ?

Bridgy 81

I can understand why Matt Taylor prefers the experience of Grounds but I'd quite like to see Dyer on the bench ahead of him. Yesterday would have been the perfect opportunity to bring him on for the last 20 minutes or so to get some experience of league football.
I'd like to see a bit more of Dyer around the match day squad too, but I suppose whilst Caprice is covering on the left having Grounds on the bench gives some insurance at left centre/wing back and full back.
Perhaps whilst Stubbs is still out Dyer would be next in line to be involved if there was a problem with Sweeney, Ray or Key?
Let's hope we don't both get told off for talking nonsense about Jake Caprice again!

Grecian Max

Sturtz as someone in the trade.Is a flare classed the same as a smoke grenade in a Risk Assessment scenario ?
Probably considering the nanny state we live in… go to an Italian game and they really don’t care - but then again their culture is a lot less dictated by rules anyway… bit of a relief tbh 😂

Smoke bombs aren’t and haven’t ever done much harm, Football stadiums aren’t a sterile environment or at least shouldn’t be, you are more at risk of hurting yourself by being in a big bank surge in my mind…

Rule sticklers and the perma offended don’t like them, others do, such is life. Gives one side something to enjoy and another something to moan about on the internet (never in person) so every one wins really.

I’m an armchair ifollow fan now for the most part so you don’t have to worry about me 😂

As has been said the Collective are doing things differently anyway so wouldn’t put the blame on them.

Oldsmobile-88

Probably considering the nanny state we live in… go to an Italian game and they really don’t care - but then again their culture is a lot less dictated by rules anyway… bit of a relief tbh 😂

Smoke bombs aren’t and haven’t ever done much harm, Football stadiums aren’t a sterile environment or at least shouldn’t be, you are more at risk of hurting yourself by being in a big bank surge in my mind…

Rule sticklers and the perma offended don’t like them, others do, such is life. Gives one side something to enjoy and another something to moan about on the internet (never in person) so every one wins really.

I’m an armchair ifollow fan now for the most part so you don’t have to worry about me 😂

As has been said the Collective are doing things differently anyway so wouldn’t put the blame on them.
I used Smoke Bombs all the time a few years back for checking chimneys & flue systems.A regular occurrence to get a bit of down draught meaning someone’s front room would be as smokey as the San Siro on a Saturday evening 😁

geoffwp

Never mind Max, soon be bonfire night and you'll be able to chuck a few bangers about and play with some sparklers.😂

Positive spin

As has been said the Collective are doing things differently anyway so wouldn’t put the blame on them

“smoke bombs don’t do much harm”

Remember the Carlisle game a few seasons back when the old grandstand had to be evacuated as an 18 year old set off a smoke bomb. Luckily it was a nice day but we spent nearly an hour stood on the pitch waiting for the grandstand to be thoroughly inspected.

Grecian Max

I used Smoke Bombs all the time a few years back for checking chimneys & flue systems.A regular occurrence to get a bit of down draught meaning someone’s front room would be as smokey as the San Siro on a Saturday evening 😁
I like a practical use for smokies 😂 Used them in a photoshoot for some defunct clothing brand about 10 years ago but that was about it