• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scunthorpe United V Exeter City MDT

CityTillIDie

There will eventually be a consequence for this. There is CCTV in all grounds and the authorities exchange information on these acts which are at the very least a breach of ground regulations. These acts can lead to more heavy handed policing and stewarding of city away fans which none of us want. Also its worth thinking of the effect on fellow fans who might have respiratory issues such as asthma.
Football fans all over the planet use pyro, it is a part of football fan culture. Like it or not! It’s not going to go away.

Grecianpasty

There will eventually be a consequence for this. There is CCTV in all grounds and the authorities exchange information on these acts which are at the very least a breach of ground regulations. These acts can lead to more heavy handed policing and stewarding of city away fans which none of us want. Also its worth thinking of the effect on fellow fans who might have respiratory issues such as asthma.
Added to that those who are epileptic. Accountability is key, and I have no doubt that the club will do what they can to support that.

CityTillIDie

It is worth noting that flares are a high trigger for those
Added to that those who are epileptic. Accountability is key, and I have no doubt that the club will do what they can to support that.
It’s a conversation for another thread but I wonder if there is much evidence of sufferers of said conditions having any trouble at English grounds because of one or two pyro. If there is then fair enough I understand it isn’t wise, but I can imagine the numbers are extremely low.

Grecianpasty

It’s a conversation for another thread but I wonder if there is much evidence of sufferers of said conditions having any trouble at English grounds because of one or two pyro. If there is then fair enough but
You don't need to be a scientist to know that pyro effects those who are asthmatic, have respiratory issues or are epileptic.

The fact that it is illegal to set off a flare in a public setting is reason enough not to condone it.

People have, and will be arrested in the future for setting off flares in football stadiums.

Regardless of who does it, I will happily contribute to ensuring that this doesn't happen at any football game I attend.

As a club that is progressive in its approach, and has worked very hard in becoming more inclusive I am sure that they would rather this didn't happen.

Also, if you're over 18 years old and are setting flares off in a football stadium you should probably reassess your life choices

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
And maybe the reason he kept stopping and playing the ball back was because he knew he didn't have the beating of Wilson and didn't want to get caught in possession.
Do stop talking nonsense!! It's Jake Caprice we're talking about here not Woody. He has enough pace of his own to make Wilson think twice.

CityTillIDie

You don't need to be a scientist to know that pyro effects those who are asthmatic, have respiratory issues or are epileptic.

The fact that it is illegal to set off a flare in a public setting is reason enough not to condone it.

People have, and will be arrested in the future for setting off flares in football stadiums.

Regardless of who does it, I will happily contribute to ensuring that this doesn't happen at any football game I attend.

As a club that is progressive in its approach, and has worked very hard in becoming more inclusive I am sure that they would rather this didn't happen.

Also, if you're over 18 years old and are setting flares off in a football stadium you should probably reassess your life choices
Yea that’s all fair enough.

Grecianpasty

True, but the "pyro" is only going to damage our club in the long term.
It doesn’t though does it, this has been wheeled out for a least a decade and yet I see loads of fans using images of such times to show off our support… It looks good, is a bit anti establishment, all for it me
Pro flares Max?

Flares can reach up to 3,000°C and have killed people.

i8cornwall

Thank you for making me aware of all of that... after 5 years in the RL I'm very aware of what could happen, thankfully it never has.

Clearly you haven't read my last post on this matter and I can't be bothered to keep going around in circles like I did during the RL days so I'll make this simple and clear for you and others:

Collective 20 currently has around 20ish full members (e.g there part of the decision making process on group matters and turn up week in week out to help in all group matters and our activities), yes that might (and hopefully) will increase but time will tell).

Of that 20 full members around 5 or 6 went to the game yesterday none of whom had anything to do with this, now if someone else wants to set something off then that's there own choice, it's not down to them or myself to stop them. Yes we will clearly say to someone don't but we aren't the police. It's telling other then Argyle nothing is ever set off at home games when we have more control and influence over our section of the bank so to speak.

The club have our details if they need us and we are regularly in contact with them and attending meetings such as Grecian Groups. I really don't want to see this finger pointing and wagging like we had during the RL days, it just creates division and a us and you mentality within sections of our support which C20 want to avoid. The young lads who are driving this group really want to be as open and inclusive towards the rest of the fan base as much as they can be. They want to support the club as a whole with plans to turn up to the U23 and women's games, for example they where in contact with scunny weeks ago about getting the flags and drum in and how to get them to the ground.

Like I've said I'm not going around in circles with this so this is the last I'll and C20 as a group will be saying on this matter.

scottus86

What an excellent performance yesterday. Jevani Brown is proving to be some player, what an excellent signing, he was involved in almost everything going forward! Matt Jay once again proved why he is our captain and why he is the first name on the team sheet, how some people doubted him or wanted to drop him after a couple of games is laughable. Josh Key was class and so was Hartridge, along with Ray who is a generally solid defender and Sweeney with his experience, we look assured defensively. Caprice is good, but I still see him as a weak link when he plays on the left, he had a good game though. Dieng and Kite did what they needed to in the middle. Dawson didn't have a lot to do, but he is way too good to be playing in league 2, pulling off that deal was a master stroke by Taylor, I hope he is here all season.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
What an excellent performance yesterday. Jevani Brown is proving to be some player, what an excellent signing, he was involved in almost everything going forward! Matt Jay once again proved why he is our captain and why he is the first name on the team sheet, how some people doubted him or wanted to drop him after a couple of games is laughable. Josh Key was class and so was Hartridge, along with Ray who is a generally solid defender and Sweeney with his experience, we look assured defensively. Caprice is good, but I still see him as a weak link when he plays on the left, he had a good game though. Dieng and Kite did what they needed to in the middle. Dawson didn't have a lot to do, but he is way too good to be playing in league 2, pulling off that deal was a master stroke by Taylor, I hope he is here all season.
MJ really struggled in the first couple of league games and the way he missed the penalty against Orient suggested he was very low in confidence. Clearly some of the more extreme opinions were ludicrous but there were still legitimate questions to be asked about whether he was too similar to play alongside Jevani, whether he was fully fit and whether he could replicate the form of last season. Personally I would have rested him after the Orient game but luckily Matt Taylor knows more about managing his players than I do and the decision to give MJ the chance to play himself back into form has paid off handsomely. He also seems to be growing into the job of captain and I like the fact the job was given to someone who has been at City for years and understands how the club works rather than a new player, even if someone like George Ray may be a more natural leader.