• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Holiday plans...

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Will he be flying with Mandy if eschewing Captain Tobias Wilcox and Coconut Airways ?
I'm afraid the once delectable Many is well past it, and folder her wings away long ago.
She was last heard of trying to squeeze down the aisle of a long distance coach.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So many PCR Tests! Think the PCR tests will cost more than the holiday. One today, one in the hotel at Amman, then the final one 2 days after we get back.

DB9

So many PCR Tests! Think the PCR tests will cost more than the holiday. One today, one in the hotel at Amman, then the final one 2 days after we get back.
It'll be worth it once you're there. 👍

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It'll be worth it once you're there. 👍
We're the travel companies first tour in a very long time. So, the CEO has contacted my wife and asked for photographs and comments for their website. We're on our own as such, but we have a driver that will take us from place to place and hand us over to local guides where appropriate. We finish at a spa hotel on the Dead Sea. I'm really excited about seeing Petra. :)

DB9

We're the travel companies first tour in a very long time. So, the CEO has contacted my wife and asked for photographs and comments for their website. We're on our own as such, but we have a driver that will take us from place to place and hand us over to local guides where appropriate. We finish at a spa hotel on the Dead Sea. I'm really excited about seeing Petra. :)
Well just don't get your holiday snaps mixed up with your match day snaps otherwise that'll be an interesting review :) Sounds like they're pulling out all the stops on this their first tour, You'll be treated like royalty by the sounds of it Hants. (y)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
First PCR test are negative. So off on holiday tomorrow. 🙂 So long as we've filled in all the paperwork properly. :oops:

DB9

First PCR test are negative. So off on holiday tomorrow. 🙂 So long as we've filled in all the paperwork properly. :oops:
Think it's your cardboard cut out that's really going. 😀 Seriously have a great time Hants. 👍

Grecian2K

I'm really excited about seeing Petra. :)
Please be sure to pass on our best wishes to Peter Purves and Valerie Singleton as well.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not all those that wander are lost.

It's been a great week here in the Kingdom of Jordan. Starting with the Greek/Roman city of Jerash which saw the Romans move from Paganism to Christianity.

We explored the ancient part of the capital Amman including the amphitheatre and the citadel high on top of the city. Greek,Roman and Muslim.

Down to look at mosaics at Madaba and then onward to Kerak Castle built in the 12th century by the Knights Templars. Survived 150 years before being starved by the forces of Saladin.

On down to Wadi Rum. The red desert of the Bedouin and famed for the scenery in Lawrence of Arabia, the Martian amongst many. A 4x4 ride seeing Lawrence Spring and the remains of his house. Stunning!

A day at Petra. Saw the Treasury and even managed the steep climb to the Monastery. Truly amazing and date I suggest should be on everyone's bucket list.

Finishing at a very nice Spa hotel on the Dead Sea. We're opposite Jerusalem. Glorious sunshine, swimming and spa treatment to finish the week. No swimming in the sea, and the pools of Dead Sea water have been drained.

An incredible week and a reminder why we travel.

DB9

Not all those that wander are lost.

It's been a great week here in the Kingdom of Jordan. Starting with the Greek/Roman city of Jerash which saw the Romans move from Paganism to Christianity.

We explored the ancient part of the capital Amman including the amphitheatre and the citadel high on top of the city. Greek,Roman and Muslim.

Down to look at mosaics at Madaba and then onward to Kerak Castle built in the 12th century by the Knights Templars. Survived 150 years before being starved by the forces of Saladin.

On down to Wadi Rum. The red desert of the Bedouin and famed for the scenery in Lawrence of Arabia, the Martian amongst many. A 4x4 ride seeing Lawrence Spring and the remains of his house. Stunning!

A day at Petra. Saw the Treasury and even managed the steep climb to the Monastery. Truly amazing and date I suggest should be on everyone's bucket list.

Finishing at a very nice Spa hotel on the Dead Sea. We're opposite Jerusalem. Glorious sunshine, swimming and spa treatment to finish the week. No swimming in the sea, and the pools of Dead Sea water have been drained.

An incredible week and a reminder why we travel.
Sounds awesome Hants, Glad you managed to get away.