• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

tonykellowfan

Plenty of players do not train as hard as they get older. Some coaches are fine with that and some do not like it. Craig Bellamy hardly trained at all at the end of his career for example.

Boyo

I think this is more a problem for Taylor and his media handling. From my understanding, he implied that Ajose was choosing not to train- therefore having a poor attitude that we wouldn’t want in a coach. If this was not the case and Ajose was genuinely injured then it smacks of Taylor trying to throw Ajose under the bus to reduce any criticism of him for signing Ajose in the first place.
My understanding was that he couldn't train on astroturf on medical advice. During the winter (and last season was particularly wet) his training was limited to gym sessions. So although he was "fit", he was never match-fit and not integrated with the team. In that situation it's possible for Ajose to have a great attitude and also Taylor to be incredibly frustrated.

les.gtfc

There's whispers on our forum of him signing for us!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he can get match fit he is presumably still a good player. I imagine you don't train on a 4G pitch?

les.gtfc

Nope, good old fashioned grass for us.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
For Grimsby's sake I hope its not true. How many minutes has he played in the last 3 seasons? I'm sure he's a good bloke but with his injury laden past and inability to train properly I think this would be an awful move for your lot Les.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nope, good old fashioned grass for us.
So 20th Century🤔

Colesman Ballz

It would be great if it happens, Hants could padlock this thread, and we could finally move on from having endless, pointless discussions on the past and move forward !

geoffwp

It would be great if it happens, Hants could padlock this thread, and we could finally move on from having endless, pointless discussions on the past and move forward !
Though Hants probably makes a fortune out of endless, pointless discussion threads. 🤔😉

CraigECFC