• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
What an impressive career David Jason has had. Over 80 now, alas.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Banksy

Brilliant pics.That hang gliding episode was one of my favourites.’ Was that the phone ringing Rodney? No Del we haven’t got a phone.’

Oldsmobile-88

One of my favourite Fools scenes was when Rodney came back from Skateboarding with ‘The Groovy Gang’...Helmet half hanging off,skateboard under his arm...”Where is he ? I’m gonna kill him” 😁
David Jason of course a national treasure in broadcasting & entertainment.Nicholas Lyndhurst is such a fine actor with a fantastic career going back 40 plus years too,is looked on in the same light as David Jason by many,me included.
It was so sad that Lyndhurst had a such dreadful tragedy in his life last year,I hope time heals & we will see him on our screens again before too long.

5AD93D99-BF7A-4809-B404-D4CCBD890DAA.jpeg

Rosencrantz

My favourite episode would be the Tony Angelino one. Not just for the "Cwying" reveal but also the dressing room scene when Del gets him to sign the contract, classic reaction acting by Nick Lyndhurst. Tony was also "bwilliantly" played by Philip Pope. On the whole Only Fools.. was a great example of a great writer and great casting (even if John Sullivan didn't initially want David Jason!)

Mr Jinx

Another good programme this evening about September 11th 2001.
9/11 : Life Under Attack. Looks at the hour or so after the attack through people’s own video recording.

It took me back to that day.I was doing a job in Tiverton in the afternoon at The Waldrons,the house did not have the TV on. I switched on Radio Devon in the van to hear that both WT Centre Towers had collapsed after a attack & there had been a explosion at The Pentagon,I honestly thought for a minute that WW3 was starting.
My next job was in Crediton.The householder knew nothing of the unfolding events,quickly putting on the TV at my behest after I gave her the brief details.
I think we could start a thread on what we were all doing at that time. After an initial poo-pooing, once the internet went down at work, we all piled down to the bar below on Carnaby St to watch it unfold on their TV whilst getting a bit bevvied.

I think the thing I'll never forget was when the first tower collapsed and there was near hysteria in the bar. I was stood next to a big burly American Sales rep. I turned around speechless only to see him blubbing like a baby. That really hit home.

You have to imagine what it'd be like seeing a jumbo jet first trash Canary Wharf and then the Houses of Parliament. It's unfathomable.

Grecian2K

Just got into my office (has a tv card in my computer at the time) and switched on exactly at the moment the second tower was hit.

Honestly thought that it was a trailer for some disaster movie later in the day, not real life. To my eternal shame first thought was "Bleddy hell. That special efffect was good. Must watch it later"

Rosencrantz

I was on leave on that day and wandered downstairs to put the TV on and thought WTF. Didn't do much else but watch for the next couple of hours.

Grecian2K

The image that (still) haunts me was those poor folk stuck on the roof, as the flames crept up, futilely trying to use their suit jackets as impromptu parachutes.

A few seconds of steady accelertion after the fabric had been tugged from their grasp, followed by a muted SPLAT. 😨

Oldsmobile-88

Bob Oldenkirk is back on the set of Better Call Saul after his recent health scare.

Hopefully the 6th & Final Season will be out later next year in the UK....Can’t friggin wait !!