• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v FGR discussion thread

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Colin Daniel might just be in action tomorrow night rather than on Saturday with Caprice continuing. Kyle Taylor will probably be pitched straight in though unless MJ drops back alongside Dieng. Really, apart from Kite sitting this one out, there is no real need to change the starting XI from the previous two league games given the performances.

This might be the kiss of death, but I am expecting a really good, entertaining game.

andrew p long

Sounds like ................. Archie might start to feature from next week onwards as could Josh Coley,
I got the impression they would be 'training with the rest of the squad from next week' and that that may mean they are still a couple of weeks from playing. Time will tell!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Colin Daniel might just be in action tomorrow night rather than on Saturday with Caprice continuing. Kyle Taylor will probably be pitched straight in though unless MJ drops back alongside Dieng. Really, apart from Kite sitting this one out, there is no real need to change the starting XI from the previous two league games given the performances.

This might be the kiss of death, but I am expecting a really good, entertaining game.
If he is in action tomorrow night he might be a little lonely - as grecian-near-hell pointed out on the match preview thread it's a 2 o'clock kick-off against Plymouth.

CraigECFC

I got the impression they would be 'training with the rest of the squad from next week' and that that may mean they are still a couple of weeks from playing. Time will tell!
Josh Coley has been training by himself outdoors for the past three weeks and somehow still a week away from joining the team. Really hoping this isn't another Ajose & Stubbs situations...

Rosencrantz

If he is in action tomorrow night he might be a little lonely - as grecian-near-hell pointed out on the match preview thread it's a 2 o'clock kick-off against Plymouth.
Good point, well made :) ...although he might fancy topping his fitness up with some shadow play ;)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good point, well made :) ...although he might fancy topping his fitness up with some shadow play ;)
To be fair, you didn't specify what type of action he was going to be in!

Ex-ciderrr

I Think we will edge it this weekend, FGR no mugs and now a solid outfit in L2 who have been there or there abouts in recent seasons but i feel after a couple of positive results and back at home we can edge past FGR who have scored plenty and managed to let in a few too. 3-2 city, come on you reds.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This game comes a little early for us as all the new faces bed in and Matt finds the right formula.
I'd settle for a draw and I think that's what will happen.
A win would be a very positive signal indeed....
Should be a good match.
Maybe, but we now have a solid core of players who have played most of the games and seem to be gelling nicely. And we also now seem to have a number of options on the bench who can come on and, as the manager likes to say, affect the game positively.
Conversely Forest Green are coming into the game on the back of a disappointing defeat. The reports I read suggested that not only were they a bit ropey defensively but that even more surprisingly, they struggled to create much going forward.

Red Devon

Not going to be an easy game by any stretch of the imagination, it’s nice for MT to have a bit of a selection headache again though.

arthur

If 4 2 3 1 is good enough for England, and good enough for us most of last year, then

Key Ray Hartridge Daniel/ Grounds

Taylor, Dieng

Brown Jay Edwards

Amond/Nombe

But 5 at the back no doubt, with Jake on the left again