• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I did wonder why I bothered. Again, I'm only doing so for consideration of others, but seems like they don't really give a tinkers.
*DUPLICATE POST*

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well I haven't actually used public transport in the past 4 months (but I would wear one out of common courtesy).

Incidentally I went to our local corner shop last night. There were 8 people in there including me and two shopkeepers. I was the only one in there wearing a mask and this was despite a big sign at the door saying masks must be worn inside!

I did wonder why I bothered. Again, I'm only doing so for consideration of others, but seems like they don't really give a tinkers.
I do have some sympathy for this view, but guess it's up to all of us to 'do the right thing'.

I can't help but find it ironic that often those not wearing masks appear to be amongst those who might be most susceptible to a dose of COVID, ie elderly and morbidly obese. And if they can't see the sense in wearing a mask, I dare say they're anti-vaxxers too!

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
I do have some sympathy for this view, but guess it's up to all of us to 'do the right thing'.

I can't help but find it ironic that often those not wearing masks appear to be amongst those who might be most susceptible to a dose of COVID, ie elderly and morbidly obese. And if they can't see the sense in wearing a mask, I dare say they're anti-vaxxers too!
Yes, it's a fact that most of those dying with it now aren't double vaccinated one can only guess because of personal choice. I can understand why certain people don't want a jab and I respect their choice. It's a risk they've had to wrestle with but let's not all get het up with the rising daily death figures.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see the south west has been made an enhanced response area :(

DB9

After not being able to see my father due to a positive case in his home, I got the all clear to visit yesterday, Even though I've been back home since Wednesday i decided to drive back down to Devon earlier today to visit, Its been so long that i didn't know what to expect but physically he looked well and well cared for but he had no idea who i was which got to me a bit in the car after the visit, They let me stay for 50 mins (20 mins more than usual because I'd driven a distance) I was very grateful to see him and for the first time in all this and through lockdowns i realised what a S**T this has all been, Of course those that have lost loved ones, my thing is small in comparison but not being able to see someone because of a threat to their health and someone who is old with a condition that won't get better, To have those restrictions and not seeing him i thought "Covid, You are a right person!!"

Loved his memory board he had, With various photos of his Grand Children, Great Grand Children, My wedding photo and others too etc, He did say to me "You know my wife Valerie (My Mother) died recently?" That got to me, Then he went on about his National Service days in the army, His old CO and even told us he "Met" the Queen and strolled round the garden with her!

Sorry for going on but i just needed this, He's ok, I saw him and glad i did. The Journey home was hard though. Anyone who has an elderly relative with this condition and you haven't been able to see them, Try to, Its so worth it.

By the way, Before i saw him i had a LFT which was negative, Had to mask up, Gloves and an throwaway apron too.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Thanks for sharing @DB9

DB9

Thanks for sharing @DB9
No Hants, Thanks for letting me rant on, Its been a real help, I mean that. (y)

Alistair20000

After not being able to see my father due to a positive case in his home, I got the all clear to visit yesterday, Even though I've been back home since Wednesday i decided to drive back down to Devon earlier today to visit, Its been so long that i didn't know what to expect but physically he looked well and well cared for but he had no idea who i was which got to me a bit in the car after the visit, They let me stay for 50 mins (20 mins more than usual because I'd driven a distance) I was very grateful to see him and for the first time in all this and through lockdowns i realised what a S**T this has all been, Of course those that have lost loved ones, my thing is small in comparison but not being able to see someone because of a threat to their health and someone who is old with a condition that won't get better, To have those restrictions and not seeing him i thought "Covid, You are a right person!!"

Loved his memory board he had, With various photos of his Grand Children, Great Grand Children, My wedding photo and others too etc, He did say to me "You know my wife Valerie (My Mother) died recently?" That got to me, Then he went on about his National Service days in the army, His old CO and even told us he "Met" the Queen and strolled round the garden with her!

Sorry for going on but i just needed this, He's ok, I saw him and glad i did. The Journey home was hard though. Anyone who has an elderly relative with this condition and you haven't been able to see them, Try to, Its so worth it.

By the way, Before i saw him i had a LFT which was negative, Had to mask up, Gloves and an throwaway apron too.
Really pleased for you DB that you have been able to make this visit.

It does hit you quite hard when you realise that a parent no longer seems to know who you are. I found this with my Mum. The fact that this condition permits the sufferer to recall things from years ago actually makes it harder to understand.

Very important to keep up the contact IMHO. I just have this feeling that somewhere deep inside they know you are there.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Really pleased for you DB that you have been able to make this visit.

It does hit you quite hard when you realise that a parent no longer seems to know who you are. I found this with my Mum. The fact that this condition permits the sufferer to recall things from years ago actually makes it harder to understand.

Very important to keep up the contact IMHO. I just have this feeling that somewhere deep inside they know you are there.
Thank you Al. 👍

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Times reporting that the government is planning to go ahead with vaccinating 12-15 year olds, against the advice of the JCVI.