• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Deadline day predictions

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm getting a tad worried by these continued statements is he trying to put pressure on Tagg, because it's just breeding frustration, amongst fans and not exactly a great bargaining position.
It is the Club Board that sets the budgets these days, not El Presidente who doesn't have a vote !

Pobbop

There's no pressure on Tagg? MT is given a budget and it's up to him how he spends it. He's hardly Daniel Levy is he.
dunno, just trying to wonder why he's doing this, just seems counter-productive.

Colesman Ballz

dunno, just trying to wonder why he's doing this, just seems counter-productive.
Since the playing budget was set, Taylor has had Randall sold off on the eve of the season, no doubt disrupting his plans. Perhaps he feels that his budget should be increased to compensate, and this hasn't happened yet ? :unsure:

angelic upstart

I think we'll have all our signings wrapped up prior to the deadline. Unless one leaves.

sign of the chimes

This has definitely been the weirdest window I've known in the FL. Very little money being spent in the Championship which has caused a blockage in the chain, alongside lots of clubs being understandably cautious. That's had an impact in all directions.

I can think of a couple we've got on our books who'd have moved on in different directions in a normal season - one to the division above and another elsewhere in L1; but both may well still be with us on 1st September. As a result suspect our final acquisitions will be loans from higher up the food chain to finish off our squad, rather than paying the odd fee here or there for players.

milts

On Thursday Matt is telling us to ‘watch this space’ with regard to new signings:

Post match he is playing down the prospect and saying we need to be respectful of where we are as a club with regard to budget.

Make your mind up Matt!!

Red Devon

Radio Devon interview he said we’re still working towards a couple, Dieng’s knock and Kite’s dismissal won’t change his thinking.

i8cornwall

Sweeney goes back to Swindon

Stranger things have happened at city.

iscalad

Sweeney goes back to Swindon

Stranger things have happened at city.
They can't afford him

Grecian Max

Radio Devon interview he said we’re still working towards a couple, Dieng’s knock and Kite’s dismissal won’t change his thinking.
Does this mean no more CMs?

I would still like us to bring in another striker tbh then send out Seymour