• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Owura Edwards in on loan from Bristol City

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I mean he clearly plays on both sides in the highlights shown, dribbling down left and right wings and cutting in
Other things I like from the clips.
Stands his ground despite being a small player.
Can 'read' the ball - see his challenge against Randell Williams and his outjumping of a taller midfielder to set up an attack.

ExmouthMart

Taylor saying in the interview part of our remit is to get players closer to their own first team, in this case Bristol City. No. Your remit is to get Exeter City in the best possible position in the League and solely that. Unbelievable.
Edwards looks a decent signing but as usual not quite what we were expecting but none the less a welcome addition. Looks like he has pace and the ability to beat players, so hopefully decent balls into Nombe and Amond.

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Taylor saying in the interview part of our remit is to get players closer to their own first team, in this case Bristol City. No. Your remit is to get Exeter City in the best possible position in the League and solely that. Unbelievable.
Edwards looks a decent signing but as usual not quite what we were expecting but none the less a welcome addition. Looks like he has pace and the ability to beat players, so hopefully decent balls into Nombe and Amond.
agreed , but surely improving the player for Bristol City also improves him for Exeter !

ExmouthMart

Other things I like from the clips.
Stands his ground despite being a small player.
Can 'read' the ball - see his challenge against Randell Williams and his outjumping of a taller midfielder to set up an attack.
Same height as Williams 1.73m or 5’8 in old money…..

Spoonz Red E

It's both.
Particularly if you are using the loan system and want the loan player to be committed to good performances.

denzel

What were you expecting?

ExmouthMart

agreed , but surely improving the player for Bristol City also improves him for Exeter !
It’s the way it comes across like it’s part of our job to help others. Like providing young players to make other people’s teams better etc. All we get is a mention in dispatches and an undisclosed fee paid in instalments over an undisclosed period of time which may or may not benefit us sometime soon.

Last edited:

ExmouthMart

What were you expecting?
I think we all knew all along but I wasn’t the one making the promises that things were going to be different this season with recruitment…..

robchave

It’s the way it comes across like it’s part of our job to help others. Like providing young players to make other people’s teams better etc. All we get is mention in dispatches and an undisclosed fee paid in instalments over an undisclosed period of time which may or may not benefit us sometime soon.
Only if you're looking for things to criticise. If we get a reputation for improving loan players I.e. getting them nearer the loaning club's first team, then we are more likely to attract good loans in the future. Pretty simple really.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s the way it comes across like it’s part of our job to help others. Like providing young players to make other people’s teams better etc. All we get is a mention in dispatches and an undisclosed fee paid in instalments over an undisclosed period of time which may or may not benefit us sometime soon.
So when we send I dunno, Diabete to Truro for instance, we don't have an expectation that Truro will improve him and that he'll come back closer to our first team?

You really do spout some tosh.