• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Wycombe Carabao Cup Match Day Thread

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dieng was on the pitch at the end wasnt he?
Lying on the pitch, apparently struggling to walk.

Albumen

Yes he had it last December. Was quite bad if I remember correctly
He had a photo with my boy on Saturday! What a nice chap. Does that mean I need to isolate. Ha.

I also took the opportunity to ask him if he was leaving this window… 🥳

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
To me this just confirms what a balls up the government have made recently in letting go of the reins completely and trusting in each individual’s common sense, a quality such as respect for others and discipline, which in the case of many individuals has long since vanished.

So last Saturday open the gates let the hoards in to behave exactly as they did pre COVID and then wonder why the infection rate has risen……words fail me.
Over 75% of the population is double jabbed...

CityTillIDie

Could’ve easily won.

Rosencrantz

Rather like Saturday I thought we grew in to the game as it went on. We do need to be better around the penalty area though to create some clear cut, or even half chances. The delivery from out wide was not good, especially from Caprice who was very frustrating in the first half with often a lot of space in front of him but only to keep stopping and coming back to Sweenz or inside into traffic.

I was glad to see Brown right up front tonight alongside Seymour rather than behind with MJ. Thought Dyer and Kite both grew into the game and looked good. Sweenz and Ray both looked good again and gave Dawson a relatively quiet night.

We witnessed a first at the Park tonight with Wycombe making four subs. Bloomfield went off as a concussion sub at the end of the first half after intercepting his defender's attempted driven long ball almost at source without even looking. Have to say I forgot about that rule and was a bit confused when the fourth sub came on in the second half 🤐.

Hopefully Dieng isn't too bad as he looks a quality signing. Easy on the ball and covers the ground well.

With Amond coming in and hopefully another one or two we look pretty good for the season if we can get everyone on two feet and shipshape.

Strange that all the doubts were about the defence whilst looking good in attack and now two 0-0's.

Devonboy

Over 75% of the population is double jabbed...
Two things...

1) And the other 75%? Some have valid reasons why they cannot/should not be inoculated. A quarter is a big part of the population.

2) The jabs, particularly AZ, is not a 100% guarantee. You may still get it, you may still be able to spread it (and never know you had it) and/or you may still have severe symptoms and die even if you have been jabbed - particularly if you are older (+50 like me). It does not reduce the risk to zero.

Do you have older relatives?

Reactions: WXF

fred binneys head

There’s a thread called ‘UK lockdown’ on the Social Club where the Covid discussions happen. Let’s keep this thread to last night’s game.

andrew p long

great move that led to Brown's first half chance (that ended in the side netting). If only he had seen MJ free 12 yards out and squared it back to him.

Brown looked very good in the extended highlights (does everyone get them or is it part of my £45 annual audio deal? - 9 minutes can often be better than90!)

Devonboy

There’s a thread called ‘UK lockdown’ on the Social Club where the Covid discussions happen. Let’s keep this thread to last night’s game.
Fair point

Pete Martin (CTID)

Rather like Saturday I thought we grew in to the game as it went on. We do need to be better around the penalty area though to create some clear cut, or even half chances. The delivery from out wide was not good, especially from Caprice who was very frustrating in the first half with often a lot of space in front of him but only to keep stopping and coming back to Sweenz or inside into traffic.

I was glad to see Brown right up front tonight alongside Seymour rather than behind with MJ. Thought Dyer and Kite both grew into the game and looked good. Sweenz and Ray both looked good again and gave Dawson a relatively quiet night.

We witnessed a first at the Park tonight with Wycombe making four subs. Bloomfield went off as a concussion sub at the end of the first half after intercepting his defender's attempted driven long ball almost at source without even looking. Have to say I forgot about that rule and was a bit confused when the fourth sub came on in the second half 🤐.

Hopefully Dieng isn't too bad as he looks a quality signing. Easy on the ball and covers the ground well.

With Amond coming in and hopefully another one or two we look pretty good for the season if we can get everyone on two feet and shipshape.

Strange that all the doubts were about the defence whilst looking good in attack and now two 0-0's.
Good synopsis, but I'm surprised you didn't mention James Dodd, so I'll give him an honourable mention. I thought he looked excellent when he came on. Read the game really well and intent on pushing forward. Shame about the penalty, but c'est la vie. I'd like to see a lot more of the lad