• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Randall (to Peterborough)

He’s an above average league 2 player who is massively overrated on here
Jesus I don’t know who you rate as above average in League 2 in our depleted squad now then! MJ? Key?…anyone else? Noumbe “could” be promising

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah I did…but that doesn’t really cover the millions of pounds we’ve taken in over the last couple of seasons. Or why they’re spending money on things like they are…train in a tent for all I care…I’m not interested in having the best training ground in League 2 for the next 25 years.
You seem to have no comprehension of how transfers work. So Ollie moved to Villa eleven months ago, and our cut was around £4million. However these big money transfers don't get paid with the full lump sum up front. They are paid in installments, over a period of time, So for argument let's say Brentford are being paid in four installments over two years, then likewise Brentford will be paying us £1 million every six months. Ergo to date we have received just £2m and probably just spent around upto half of that on the new pitch, add in the enhanced playing budget and you might comprehend where the money is going. It will in due course be laid out in the Clubs accounts anyway !

Spent a £1m on the pitch? I didn’t know that. Imagine if we had invested a £1m on top signings and good wages!

Grecian Max

Jesus I don’t know who you rate as above average in League 2 in our depleted squad now then! MJ? Key?…anyone else? Noumbe “could” be promising
Mate it’s Nombe, let’s get that sorted before the season starts please 😂

Examples

MJ, Key, Nombe, Dawson = could do it league one

Collins, Hartridge, Brown = above average league 2

Caprice = meh league 2

Sweeney, Grounds, Nigel, = bog standard/worse

Colesman Ballz

Spent a £1m on the pitch? I didn’t know that. Imagine if we had invested a £1m on top signings and good wages!
And sent them out to play on the crap old pitch that could be unplayable for half the season you mean ? :unsure:

Grecian Max

And sent them out to play on the crap old pitch that could be unplayable for half the season you mean ? :unsure:
What you’re saying is fine, but there was clearly a good PLAYING budget, seeing as it was specifically mentioned by the guy that is meant to be in charge

It’s a failure of recruitment, not an issue with the model of selling on players… that bit we’re getting right

Scrabbling around looking at that Cheltenham released player… is the sort of thing we were doing when Tisdale over spent and then had to make a team out of cast offs like Danny Coles and the like

Examples

Caprice = meh league 2

Hopefully I’ll see Nombe’s on the scoresheet plenty of times to learn it. Hartridge and Brown in the above average category?! I like your optimism.

Grecian Max

Hopefully I’ll see Nombe’s on the scoresheet plenty of times to learn it. Hartridge and Brown in the above average category?! I like your optimism.
Pin this… Brown is decent for this level mate. And Hartridge is a very good CB. Collins is overrated.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Examples

Caprice = meh league 2

Agree with this though I think I'd bump Sweeney up a bit.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Brentford will be paying us £1 million every six months. Ergo to date we have received just £2m and probably just spent around upto half of that on the new pitch.
Unless we bought the pitch on Klarna in which case we can pay for it as the ollie instalments arrive!