• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reading posts in other people's voices

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've met a few Exewebbers over the years and I've always thought they looked different to what I thought they would. The ones that have met me were always surprised at how handsome and dapper I am in the flesh.

However, I've not met all that many Exewebbers so I'm back to imagining what they look and sound like. At the moment, they are as follows :

Mr Jinx - a modern version of Paul from Ever Decreasing Circles.
FBH - Neil from the Office
Spoonz - Rick Wakeman
And I almost always read GrecIAN harris' posts in my head to the voice of David Dickenson. But don't imagine him looking like that.

Do my fellow exewebbers do anything similar?

iscalad

When does the season start?????

fred binneys head

The ones that have met me were always surprised at how handsome and dapper I am in the flesh
That’s probably because you keep telling us you’re sat on your sofa in your pants, covered in baby sick 🤣

Cheers,

Neil.

Rosencrantz

And I almost always read GrecIAN harris' posts in my head to the voice of David Dickenson. But don't imagine him looking like that.
🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😆😆😆😅😅😅😂😂🤣🤣🤣

That's made my night 😃.

I always thought Spoonz is somewhere between David Essex and Donovan looks wise 😉. As a caveat, I haven't seen any recent pictures of them and I expect Spoonz is much more youthful looking.

fred binneys head

It’s funny but I don’t read any of your posts in Devon accents, which you’ve probably got.

Rosencrantz

It’s funny but I don’t read any of your posts in Devon accents, which you’ve probably got.
Wha' maze ee fink tha' den?

angelic upstart

Mostly, I don't either. Which is peculiar. For the record I sound like an asthmatic Barry White with a pretend Pompey accent, mush.

angelic upstart

🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😆😆😆😅😅😅😂😂🤣🤣🤣

That's made my night 😃.

I always thought Spoonz is somewhere between David Essex and Donovan looks wise 😉. As a caveat, I haven't seen any recent pictures of them and I expect Spoonz is much more youthful looking.
I like the Donovan/Essex mix theory. Bit more dreamy than Rick Wakeman.

What I'm hoping for most is for me to read someone's posts in the voice of Ainsley Harriot, but you can't force this.

I used to read Moxeys posts in Gordon Ramsey's voice sometimes too.

Grecian2K

Tavares - Nigel Farage definitely (although with a hint of the stentorian Sir Geoffrey Cox when he gets particular enraged)

Jinxy - Ken Livingstone (except when he gets on the more "woke" topics when a touch of the Katie Hopkins slips in.)

Pete USA - A curious mix of John Wayne and Paul Whitehouse's "Ron Manager"

My old mukka Indo? Sadly, lately Marcel Marceau...really hope all is well in the far East for him.

tavyred

Tavares - Nigel Farage definitely (although with a hint of the stentorian Sir Geoffrey Cox when he gets particular enraged.
Still rent free! 🙄