• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

music quiz redux

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bitter and Zider are both alcoholic beverages of course...

STURTZ

Bitter and Zider are both alcoholic beverages of course...
Indeed, and yet here they are in totally different categories!

Swanaldo

Indeed, and yet here they are in totally different categories!
More bleddy red herrings than John West!

Colesman Ballz

So cat 4 would include Drink up thy Zider by the Wurzels then ?
Together with TCDS + TD + CH. Had thought that it might be simpler to look at it that way, but hey ho, it's back to the drawing board ! :unsure:

angelic upstart

Country house

STURTZ

Together with TCDS + TD + CH. Had thought that it might be simpler to look at it that way, but hey ho, it's back to the drawing board ! :unsure:
It is, in essence a much simpler answer than any of the other categories.

If only you could unlock it.

Bridgy 81

How about this from someone who's lived all his life in Somerset.
They're all Wurzel's songs.
Drink up thy Zider. Twice Daily, The Champion Dung Spreader and Combine Harvester.
The latter being your unlock clue as it's based on the song Brand New Key.
Ohh... Ah... Ohh....Ahhhhh.

STURTZ

How about this from someone who's lived all his life in Somerset.
They're all Wurzel's songs.
Drink up thy Zider. Twice Daily, The Champion Dung Spreader and Combine Harvester.
The latter being your unlock clue as it's based on the song Brand New Key.
Ohh... Ah... Ohh....Ahhhhh.
Give 'em a gert big dollop! It was that simple!

Fantastic effort from newbie Bridgy giving him 3 points for the remaining songs, 1 point the category and 1 point for the correct list = 5 points which with the two points he'd already gleaned givies him the prize!

And just in time to pip Alastair whom I was about to give the quiz to by default!

So Bridgy the prize is for you to set the next question, any format you like as long as it's about music, good luck! 🤪

Phew!

Bridgy 81

Give 'em a gert big dollop! It was that simple!

Fantastic effort from newbie Bridgy giving him 3 points for the remaining songs, 1 point the category and 1 point for the correct list = 5 points which with the two points he'd already gleaned givies him the prize!

And just in time to pip Alastair whom I was about to give the quiz to by default!

So Bridgy the prize is for you to set the next question, any format you like as long as it's about music, good luck! 🤪

Phew!
Thanks STURTZ,
I think the last two categories fell quite fortunately for me.
I quite like the American band Alter Bridge, so I was intrigued to see a few years ago they had a track on one of their albums called Blackbird, which is actually a good song and has become an integral part of their live set list.
But imagine my initial disappointment when I realized it wasn’t about whacking a bird out of a tree with a stick!
Anyway, I didn’t know my prize would be to set the next question but that’s fine as I have an idea.
It’ll take me a day or two to put it together but when I have I’ll post it here.
Cheers.

STURTZ

Thanks STURTZ,
I think the last two categories fell quite fortunately for me.
I quite like the American band Alter Bridge, so I was intrigued to see a few years ago they had a track on one of their albums called Blackbird, which is actually a good song and has become an integral part of their live set list.
But imagine my initial disappointment when I realized it wasn’t about whacking a bird out of a tree with a stick!
Anyway, I didn’t know my prize would be to set the next question but that’s fine as I have an idea.
It’ll take me a day or two to put it together but when I have I’ll post it here.
Cheers.
That's fine Brdgy, you might get Alastair tapping his watch now and again but ignore him, we all do.

I sang Blackbird at my wedding!