• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Randall (to Peterborough)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally, if I were the buying club I'd be holding off for Joel to prove his fitness and see if he still has what he had before his two hamstring injuries. Hamstring injuries effect pacey players significantly enough that most who have continuing issues have to adapt their game. Two injuries within six months and the second one coming barely a month after a return from the first might suggest Joel has an ongoing issue.
Completely agree. I know that our academy has a good reputation but I’m amazed that any club would spend decent money on a player with his fitness issues. And that’s before you take into account the fact he’s only played half a season of league football and has yet to prove he can consistently play at the same level. As we’ve seen with Randell, there is no guarantee his market value will go up so there must be a serious temptation to cash in now.

Trapdoor

Only worth cashing in of it's a decent wedge though. Even if he is only able to play as a substitute in half our games each season he's still worth well over 400k to us because he is such an impact player.

Grecian_Matt

Personally, unless the bid is really high we need to keep Randall.
IMO he was our most influential player last season, and had he not got injured then I believe we would of made the play offs.

I don't think any of the players we have lost yet this summer are irreplaceable, but I seriously doubt we will be able to bring a player of Randall's quality to replace him.

ExmouthMart

Anything north of £500000 plus a sell on clause, he will be packing his bags. Only way we keep going is to sell our assets. It’s how we stay in business with the current set up and no outside investment.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Look on the bright side.
By 22-23 season we'll be the richest side in the Conference.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cracked record part 94:

It's not just the amount of any fee, it's the timing / phasing. With the SCMP having been reinstated after the Salary Cap was declared unlawful after an arbitration, as I understand the rules now (and the EFL have been very vague about this, I can't find any update on the EFL Website), we will only be able to use half of our transfer related income on player's wages, and only in the season the instalment is received / due. U21 players are not included in the limit of 50% of qualifying turnover, but unfortunately JR, JK and AC are all now over 21.

BTW, it's also still unclear to me whether L2 squads will be limited to 20 over-21 players, as the PFA have also objected to this. Anyone know what's happening?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Peterborough chairman just said they’re announcing their first signing on Monday. Hope it’s not JR.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Peterborough chairman just said they’re announcing their first signing on Monday. Hope it’s not JR.
Probably looking for some Championship difference makers so they don’t come straight back down again!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
No way Iseguan is ready for first team football from what I've seen, a season at Tivvy would be best for him IMHO.
Completely agree, I've only seen him play twice but tbh I was surprised to see he'd been offered a professional contract.

People on here for some reason have him marked as the next big thing and talk like he's ready to play.

I'm not saying he won't make it in time but a season playing some mens non league is certainly needed IMO.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Peterborough fans are as bored as us then...(it's a fake account)