• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Time on BBC 1 & iplayer looks good.
Just watched the first episode ‘live’ & will watch the other two on iplayer now.
Stephen Graham & Sean Bean are the main characters,anything they are in is usually decent.

Spoonz Red E

Sing a new song at 6.5pm with the Spinners (including City fan Mick Groves) (y)

tavyred

Time on BBC 1 & iplayer looks good.
Just watched the first episode ‘live’ & will watch the other two on iplayer now.
Stephen Graham & Sean Bean are the main characters,anything they are in is usually decent.
Wow.
A prison based drama that’s got life inside pretty much spot on. Very promising. 👍

DB9

Wow.
A prison based drama that’s got life inside pretty much spot on. Very promising. 👍
Sean Bean and Stephen Graham, Plus Jimmy McGovern writing, A winning combination.

Oldsmobile-88

I have been watching Upstairs,Downstairs on TPTV.Never really watched it fully before.
Quite enjoying the loose historical & social angle of the storylines in each episode.
A programme my dear old gran was interested in when it was first show(1971-75) She was ‘in service’ in the 1920s.
Jean Marsh who co-created,wrote & starred in the drama as Rose Buck is I believe the only actor still alive from the production.
Jean Marsh as Rose on the cover of the TV Times,November 1973.
A75E047C-DD4E-4243-83C8-AAEA78292B98.jpeg

DB9

I have been watching Upstairs,Downstairs on TPTV.Never really watched it fully before.
Quite enjoying the loose historical & social angle of the storylines in each episode.
A programme my dear old gran was interested in when it was first show(1971-75) She was ‘in service’ in the 1920s.
Jean Marsh who co-created,wrote & starred in the drama as Rose Buck is I believe the only actor still alive from the production.
View attachment 6235
Think John Alderton is still with us plus his then and now? Wife Pauline Collins. This series was huge back then, Sunday night viewing in our house as my parents enjoyed it. I've also watched the TPTV showing and it still stands well today, Probably better than when they tried to re boot it a while back, That only lasted 2? series.

Alistair20000

Think John Alderton is still with us plus his then and now? Wife Pauline Collins. This series was huge back then, Sunday night viewing in our house as my parents enjoyed it. I've also watched the TPTV showing and it still stands well today, Probably better than when they tried to re boot it a while back, That only lasted 2? series.
John Alderton and Pauline Collins are still alive and married. Also Hannah Gordon and the very lovely Lesley-Anne Down.

Sadly Mr Hudson, Gordon Jackson, died young.

Mr Jinx

John Alderton and Pauline Collins are still alive and married. Also Hannah Gordon and the very lovely Lesley-Anne Down.

Sadly Mr Hudson, Gordon Jackson, died young.
Someone dying at 66 thirty years ago was fairly normal with few eyebrows raised. An era when what 40% of the population smoked 40 woodbines a day.

Fast forward to today where you hear "no age" when someone croaks before their eightieth birthday.

Tim Long

View attachment 6235
Simon Williams also still with us https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Williams_(actor)
And, no, I didn't Google "Simon Williams dead"

DB9

Simon Williams also still with us https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Williams_(actor)
And, no, I didn't Google "Simon Williams dead"
Didn't the actress who played his sister pass away recently? Can't remember her name.