• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
White Goods quality. Today after about 5 years our washing machine died a death not long after the dishwasher, I'm expecting the fridge freezer to do the same too because last time after about 5 years they all went wrong at the same time roughly. So for the 3rd time in about 10 years we're having to replace them!! Yet the chest freezer we were given when my wife's gran died over 20 years ago is still going strong! And she had it for years before!! White goods today are crap and never last so I'm £300 lighter now having to buy this new washing machine!!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬
Built in obsolescence they call it.

Oldsmobile-88

Built in obsolescence they call it.
I think many can relate to examples in the article.
The amount of appliances & smart gadgets with plenty of mileage in them that are discarded is madness.
Manufactures will point to recycling but the truth is very little is actually recycled.It’s dumped in third world countries or placed in landfill.

Oldsmobile-88

Not a little thing but..

The Inquiry into London Bridge Terrorist, Usman Khan,finds state agencies made grave errors of judgment - a parole board decides to release a Jihadi who plotted to kill British citizens four years early…🙁🙁🙁

No doubt as in the clusterfkcu response to the Manchester bombing in March 2017 as outlined in the recent inquiry,no one will be held responsible or lose their job over it.

DB9

Had said washing machine delivered only to find this morning a pool of water in the cupboard under the sink, Looks like the people who delivered and installed it either cross threaded or didn't tighten the cold water connector!!!! 🤬🤬🤬 I always wonder why I bother with Currys!! I always have trouble in some way with them.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

I always wonder why I bother with Currys!! I always have trouble in some way with them.
This sort of trouble too ?

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

DB9

When I say to people I support Exeter City and they keep saying "Is that their stadium by the motorway?" For some reason it really pisses me off!

Grecian2K

Those dreadful adverts for a particular brand of burglar alarms that currently seem to be flooding the commercial stations.

Not so much the product as the awful scripts and dreadful, stilted "acting".

I can only assume that the cast were selected as an act of charity for poor unfortunates who had failed the auditions for Acorn antiques.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Cinch adverts are grinding my gears as well.

Oldsmobile-88

Picky people on social distancing..A chap today tried to admonish me for standing on a line not behind it in a supermarket.

I told him his mask should cover his nose & mouth not just his mouth.😁. W@nker

A supermarket employee came over to tell him not to
be such a arse 👍

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Men.

Keep out of supermarkets.

Reactions: DB9