• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
You never know, maybe Brentford will come knocking following their promotion. Solidly run, been there or thereabouts a while. Could be ideal and Local.
It's going to be an interesting summer for Ethan. He's done enough to show he should be playing regularly in the Premiership but it's hard to see him breaking into the Chelsea side so I wonder if this will be the summer they finally decide to sell him.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
If the papers are to believed he could end up at Tottenham if Conte gets the job.

Banksy

It's going to be an interesting summer for Ethan. He's done enough to show he should be playing regularly in the Premiership but it's hard to see him breaking into the Chelsea side so I wonder if this will be the summer they finally decide to sell him.
This has been a long running saga and I’ve kind of switched off to it especially in view of the largesse we received for Ollie.If Ethan was finally sold , what if anything could we hope to get ,or have we had all we are entitled to under the deal?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This has been a long running saga and I’ve kind of switched off to it especially in view of the largesse we received for Ollie.If Ethan was finally sold , what if anything could we hope to get ,or have we had all we are entitled to under the deal?
We have a 20% sell-on fee so while it's unlikely to match the Watkins millions we are still in line for a decent sum of money if he does move this summer.
https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2018/april/ethan-ampadu-tribunal-fee/

Banksy

Thanks SEA ! Hoping he does move on then...

andrew p long

Thanks SEA ! Hoping he does move on then...
the possibilities this season (and what we get as a result!) are

stays at Chelsea and plays - we get 1.25m if he plays 43 times in competitive games for Chelsea's first team (250k per ten games up to 50 appearances - of which he has made seven since the tribunal decision). Three appearances get us the first 250k.

is sold - we get 20% of the transfer fee

is loaned out - we get 20% of the loan fee. The loan fee could be £1m+.

stays at Chelsea and doesn't play - we get nothing.

Definitely one that many of us will be watching keenly!

Banksy

I’d take the sold option every time there Andrew. Surely the way he’s established himself plus playing for Wales could mean a fee of say ten million , roughly eight net after what we’ve already had. Twenty per cent of that would be 1.6 m.
In this case I’d hope the normally greedy Chelsea would be even more greedy especially as they’d have to give us a slice of the cake.
That would set us up if we did make League 1 .

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

stays at Chelsea and plays - we get 1.25m if he plays 43 times in competitive games for Chelsea's first team (250k per ten games up to 50 appearances - of which he has made seven since the tribunal decision). Three appearances get us the first 250k.

As the saying goes “bird in the hand etc” but for me I would sooner see him loaned to the likes of Totenham still money for us.

Then on the back of a good Euros and performing well for Spurs, when Chelsea do decide to sell, his value in the transfer market could well be close to the sum payed by Villa for Ollie.

gilbertshoot

So if we bought him back, we'd get 20%?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

We got a % of the loan fee at RB Leipzig which was a significant amount; and will presumably do again this season, it'd be interested to know how much.