• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tonykellowfan

Herman, same as egg you are just quoting someone quoting someone else. That is not evidence.

Notice how in the article they are able to provide links for some things but not others?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Herman, same as egg you are just quoting someone quoting someone else. That is not evidence.

Notice how in the article they are able to provide links for some things but not others?
Have you even tried looking for it yourself? Literally the first Google result is him talking about writing it.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have to say I am not 100% convinced by this source. If you take this for example "Writing in the Telegraph in 2002, Johnson referred to a visit to Africa by the then prime minister Tony Blair.
"What a relief it must be for Blair to get out of England. It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies," he wrote, referring to African people as having "watermelon smiles.""
Can you actually find a link to the original article or a copy of that article supposed to be in the Telegraph? I'm not saying it is not true, but my understanding of these infamous remarks that they were made by Rod Liddle in the Spectator.
Must have taken me all of 10 seconds:

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have you even tried looking for it yourself? Literally the first Google result is him talking about writing it.

Oh and look, Google "telegraph piccaninnies" and guess what the first result is?

tonykellowfan

Ok thanks, dunno why they couldn't link to it.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's no shortage of racist / sexist / bigoted / xenophobic stuff from Johnston on the record – I don't think anyone has any need to make stuff up!

tonykellowfan

Fair point.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well yes that is true, but it is also true that many people (including on this thread) say "Johnson said/wrote x" when actually he didn't it was someone else.
Not true. It's on the record that he wrote/said many racist comments.

IndoMike

As far as I'm aware, all the examples cited recently on here have been very much Johnston's own work. Certainly, all those referenced here, https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6?r=US&IR=T, which, on their own, provide a pretty compelling case for the prosecution are.
Another case of a poster denying reality by saying what was said/written was not said or written. It's the new way to debate. Person A states a fact and Person B says "no" and then disappears into the long grass

IndoMike

So you were wrong. Please back up your unresearched statements with facts so that we don't have to waste time finding the sources ourselves. It's like if we say Paris is the capital city of France and you say "no, it isn't...prove it". It's you that has to prove it isn't. Some friendly advice, Tone.