• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goodbye Randell Williams

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
You kind of miss me wishing him luck. Not that bothered for Exeter City on his performances, which is fairly self-evident in the post. I have no idea what he suffered from, but it's certainaly a possibility that he's not mentally right, I have no idea what you suffer from either, other than a burning wish to have the last word, on bloody everything. Am I a Hypocrite, only in the same way almost everyone else is...
But there's no evidence at all that he is "not
mentally right". His drop in form coincided
with recovery from his injury and the failed attempt at a transfer : he clearly got offers
but for some reason they fell through : some say his agent farked up - maybe true maybe not.
So in my opinion his form dropped off because he was distracted and maybe disappointed about his transfer falling through. Having said that, he is clearly confident that he will find a club.
For me homesickness is a normal emotion, not an illness. If it causes depression that is another matter. If it did, I'm sure the club
would have dealt with it and looked after him.
Please check your inbox later
PS. You're right : few people are always true to their word and never make a hypocritical comment

Memphis09

One of the most frustrating players to play for City. He has the attributes to be a very good player but I wonder whether he has the mentality and understanding to get there (I expect Watford did also which is why we got him on the deal we had). If he is to play where he wants on the right then must do something about that right foot of his otherwise, especially when he comes up against smarter defenders, they will just stand on his left foot and he will be rendered ineffective much as he was prior to his injury last season and in the Northampton game. He could also do with improving his movement which will open up his game for him. Compare him to Joel in this regard and Joel is lightyears ahead of him and all for something that isn't massively clever but so, so effective in the simplicity of either looking short or moving into space in behind. How often did you ever see Randell look to make a run in behind the full back? I expect you could find more hen's teeth than examples of this.
These small pennies need to drop very quickly if he is to use his ability to its potential or he will end up like Joel Grant, as an example, exciting reputation, has his moments but rarely lives up to the hype.
I think you are spot on with your comments

STURTZ

Farewell then Randell, weren't up to somersault levels this last season but I'm sure you'll come good again1 Best of luck little ninja!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good move for both sides.I couldn't see him progressing much more at City.Think he will do well at another club that uses him in a more direct manner than we did.

ryancooper327

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Were they one of the clubs he rejected last year

Alistair20000

Good luck to him at Hull

Far from convinced he can cut it in the Championship.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
yes I believe so

jimmy

I'm sure he's extremely relieved that he finally got his move.

However, I concur that he does not have the final ball to be a Championship winger.

I'll be interested to see how many appearances he makes....my bet is only a handful off the bench!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Although, if you read the article it gives the impression that we weren't prepared to sell as opposed to him rejecting an offer.