• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfers in/outs 2020/21 and Retained list

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any chance of keeping this thread to official news and updates, and the definitive list of players, rather than chitchat?
Well said Sir ! Alas I fear that even Hants has given up on trying to control the unruly hordes on Exeweb. I don't hold out much hope if it is left purely to self discipline ! :unsure:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Well said Sir ! Alas I fear that even Hants has given up on trying to control the unruly hordes on Exeweb. I don't hold out much hope if it is left purely to self discipline ! :unsure:
I think we've always let this thread go where ever it gets taken. The important thing is for the first post to be kept up to date and act as a reference point.

hardi2b

Keep this thread for the factuals (data) move the rest to Transfers in/outs 2020/21 and Retained list commentary thread

andrew p long

Keep this thread for the factuals (data) move the rest to Transfers in/outs 2020/21 and Retained list commentary thread
indeed. And lock this thread so that only Hants can add to it when a new signing (or departure) has been announced on City's website.

A locked sticky thread is really useful for Exewebbers to make a quick check; an unread message on the thread will mean that there is a new signing/departure . At present new posts often merely say that we need more players and/or there's been a petty falling out on Exeweb.

arthur

Looks about right apart from the where does Sparkes play best debate. I think Jack Veale and Jack Arthur are still 18 though.
Jack Sparkes is not a competent left back. That is not to say he doesn't possess other competencies

Red Devon

Jack Sparkes is not a competent left back. That is not to say he doesn't possess other competencies
Very sweet left foot, right foot just for Standing on and slower than the age of steam....big year for Jack next season....I hope he can make it.

IndoMike

As Hants has rightly said, for those who come to this thread to see the transfer ins and outs, they only need to look at Hants' opening post and no further. It would be very masochistic to read the comments thereafter when you don't want to. Reading the comments and then complaining they exist seems a bit odd.

Intheknow84

Looking at the players gone I would suggest they are on the following wages...

Players Left

Jake Taylor - 2.5k
Randell Williams - 1.5k
Lewis Ward - 1k
Jonny Maxted - 1k
Tom Parkes - 1.5k
Alex Fisher - 1k
Nicky Ajose - 2k

I would estimate that at around 10.5k per week saved possibly more. I know Taylor was highest earner and Ajose not far behind.

so we should be able with law money saved and cut backs and money coming in be able to sign 4-5 players on good money 2-3k pw plusa couple on a bit less. Think adding in 8 players should see us if they are quality with a good squad

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very sweet left foot, right foot just for Standing on and slower than the age of steam....big year for Jack next season
The world record for steam locomotives is 126 mph! :)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking at the players gone I would suggest they are on the following wages...

Players Left

Jake Taylor - 2.5k
Randell Williams - 1.5k
Lewis Ward - 1k
Jonny Maxted - 1k
Tom Parkes - 1.5k
Alex Fisher - 1k
Nicky Ajose - 2k

I would estimate that at around 10.5k per week saved possibly more. I know Taylor was highest earner and Ajose not far behind.

so we should be able with law money saved and cut backs and money coming in be able to sign 4-5 players on good money 2-3k pw plusa couple on a bit less. Think adding in 8 players should see us if they are quality with a good squad
I reckon Ward was on more than 1k a week.