• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jake Taylor

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
So, as pretty much expected, Jake is moving on. Excellent goodbye message from him on the club site.

Just before Xmas, I unexpectedly found myself in hospital, & following a get well telephone call from Julian Tagg I got a call from Jake. It wasn't a quick 'get well quick, bye' message either. He took a good amount of time talking to me, which I really appreciated. I sent him a message when I got out, thanking him & immediately got a message back. Great Guy, Excellent Captain, Fine Ambassador for our club & very decent player too.
I'd send him a good luck message, but the wife put my phone thro' the washing machine & I've lost his number...:oops:
I've sent you a DM.

dontpassback

Jake Taylor,decent player,and decent bloke who has served us well,he gets the ECFC community ethos and has been a credit to himself and the club,I am sorry he is leaving but can understand he wants to be near his family,I wish him every success in the future except when facing us,so once again thanks jake for everything you have done since you have been here and good luck in the future

C j phill

If Stockley signs for Charlton permanently, I wonder if Jake might also end up there.

Trapdoor

Sad to see him go. Been a brilliant player for us. We will miss his presence in the middle of the park.
Just got to hope Archie Collins can step up now.

denzil

Thanks for your efforts and as captain during your spell with us. You'll be remembered as a true Grecian Jake...................oh and tell/ask Archie Collins to start passing the ball forward and not sideways/backwards as he has been doing of late.

THANK YOU JAKE !!!!

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Really sorry to see Jake leaving but understand his decision and liked his farewell message. He’s been a proper player for us, rarely injured, club captain, tenacious in midfield, scored a few goals and a genuinely nice lad who I enjoyed seeing interviewed.

Good luck in your future career, Jake, and best wishes to you and your family.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jake's been a loyal servant. He certainly seemed a really nice bloke. But that's football - players come and go. Wish him all the best for the future.

Jake's been a loyal servant. He certainly seemed a really nice bloke. But that's football - players come and go. Wish him all the best for the future.
Yep all the best to him has had so much positive comments on Twitter etc - shame ‘The Proper Chap’ couldn’t make any sort of comment, very unlike him ...... !!!
if he plays against us next year should be given an excellent reception. Good luck Jake for the future.

ryancooper327

The rumours going round are Gillingham.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
The rumours going round are Gillingham.
Pig of a journey from Berkshire and means playing for Evans. Oxford would be better!