• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next Season......

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Based on your assessment, this would be our starting point in MT's current formation (unknowns in red):

Jack​
Arthur
Josh Key
Jake Caprice
Sam Stubbs
Jordan Dyer
Cheick Diabate
Rory McArdle
Alex Hartridge​
Jack Sparkes​
Archie Collins
Louis Morison
Nigel Atangana
Harry Kite​
Joel Randall
Nelson Iseguan​
Matt Jay
James Dodd
Ben Seymour
Lewis Wilson
Looking at this there should be the potential to bring in some quality senior pros with experience to help our academy boys. Interestingly there is only 4 players (and that includes Caprice and McArdle) that haven't come through our Academy on this graphic. That should mean that there is a good amount of budget freed up to bring in the signings that we need.
MT certainly has a big summer ahead and he needs to get the recruitment right.

Generally I am not a fan of this much player turnover, but from what you hear it sounds like it will certainly be a 'buyers market' this summer so hopefully we can benefit from this.

Added to the fact that since January 1st we have only won 8 games out of 24, and in those 24 games have only scored 2 goals or more on 6 occasions I think it is certainly needed.

Lots of work to do this summer but seems like MT is positive about it and hopefully he gets it right.

SaintJames

You reckon?! Taylor is heavily influenced by Tisdales way of thinking. He must be. He played for him and was part of his coaching team. He is heading up a structure that was implemented by Tisdale. Obviously he has his own ideas but it is within a continuation of what went before. People need to get past mocking Tisdale for his appearance and unique outlook. He was successful for us and got us where we are today. The stupid roller contract did for him and we have moved on (slightly!).
If you consider Matt Taylor has traits passed on from Tisdale you are seriously mistaken big time!!

Reactions: Ash

Smithyno6

We need a tough league 2 team. With this I mean guys who know how to win ugly. Know how to play with dodgy pitches, dodgy tackles, dodgy refs etc.
The tippy tappy 5 yard triangles are nice to watch but when you have no end product is useless! Yes it might open up in the odd game here and there but on the whole, just doesn't work in LG 2. I'm sure many fans would prefer a scrappy, promotion winning team than the odd 4-0 win every now and then to then watch dire performances when we come up against teams that don't let us play.
I think our youngsters have done really well and will be better for the experience. Just need those few players in the team that will shake up the dressing room and not let standards slip when we are under the cosh and grind out results when playing badly.
I don't think JT is that sort of captain and Collins is even less so!
I can see Page being a decent captain but don't think he will be with us next year.
Exactly! Cheltenham have done it this year, Northampton last. If we spend the money then do it the proven league two way. Get 11 players on that pitch who want to fight and find a way to win. Hate watching this team now. Boring, predictable and toothless.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exactly! Cheltenham have done it this year, Northampton last. If we spend the money then do it the proven league two way. Get 11 players on that pitch who want to fight and find a way to win. Hate watching this team now. Boring, predictable and toothless.
Tend to agree , but Northampton could be on their way down again so it presumably doesn’t work in L1.
Not that I’ve followed them so don’t know whether they kept the same squad.A nasty part of me is just glad the beggars have been found out there!

Rosencrantz

Tend to agree , but Northampton could be on their way down again so it presumably doesn’t work in L1.
Not that I’ve followed them so don’t know whether they kept the same squad.A nasty part of me is just glad the beggars have been found out there!
They lost Charlie Goode to Brentford but the big difference is the boost getting Callum Morton on loan for the end of 19/20 season which gave them the firepower to get up. Without him they were decent but not a promotion team. Despite a high turnover in the close season, the quality of the side doesn't seem to have been good enough for L1 hence Curle getting the boot.

Callum Morton went to Lincoln on loan but has missed the bulk of the season injured (5ish months). He is now back fit. 3 goals in 16 appearances so far.

dontpassback

Will ajose be part of next seasons squad ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will ajose be part of next seasons squad ?
He wasn't even part of the squad this season !

Ash

Probably the bit about me having an opinion on literally anything. The context of my comment was based on where certain players would fit in if better quality players were brought in with an increase in budget. I don’t pay for iFollow because I have to prioritise my budget at the moment. Maybe you can work out why that might be.
Fair enough, although I thought it was pretty obvious that I was talking about having an opinion on anything relating to City's players, rather than anything at all.

MagicMushroom

The season isn’t over but I’m one to admit, I’m not confident we will get play offs this season (I hope I’m proven wrong) and even less confident in Matt Taylor’s ability to sign top players for a automatic push for next season.
However, as much as Taylor is currently like marmite, you either want him to stay or go, it’s almost certain he will be the manager in charge of the boys at the start of the season. He has stated how we are, as a club, in the “strongest possible position” this summer, which brings a lot of excitement to all of us but realistically, what do you think our budget is? Do you think we will go out and buy players or put a lot of our budget on wages? Is there anyone (realistically) you think would sign for us?
And with that question, where do you think we will finish? League winners? Automatic promotion? Or another play off finish which ends in heartbreak?
As well as this, do you think we will sell anyone? Who do you think signs a new deal? How much do you think the club value Joel & Bowman?
Let me know your thoughts.

Alistair20000

Predictions are hazardous, especially about the future.

With little known about the make up of the squad it is impossible to do other than guess on some of your questions.