• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Time for a managerial change

milts

Regardless of where we finish in the league, I struggle to see how anyone can argue form, results, performances, tactics, recent signings or even basic identity has been anywhere close to what we’d expect/hope.

If the club really are about to go big with the budget for the first time in years (though same claim Matts budget for the first two years was significant?) I for one would want to feel more confident that money is going to be spent wisely.

Bringing a new man in is no guarantee of that but I’d certainly explore what might be available.

raleighnc

Are you porky in disguise?🤔
Nope, just substantially brighter than you

Red red

Be careful what you wish for. Bristol Rovers have tried 3 managers this where did that get them

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Be careful what you wish for. Bristol Rovers have tried 3 managers this where did that get them
Good afternoon Paul.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not for this MT's head on a plate but this is nonsense when it comes to ECFC changing managers, In the past near two decades since the Trust took over, We have never sacked a manager, In fact it was their decisions to leave, Two because they had other offers and one who decided not to accept the contract we offered him, We as a club are very accommodating to managers, Some say too accommodating but we do give them a chance, Unlike 99% of other clubs.

rick whitemore

The problem with Matt Taylor is he doesn't learn from his mistakes. Two of the last seasons we've faded badly, last season was going the same way. I see people are blaming it on the pitch but for how many years has it been a problem? Tisdale moaned constantly about it so Taylor knew about the pitch from day one, a good manager would set his team to play on it knowing that it wasn't great. The pitch now though is fantastic compared to Terry Cooper's time and yet we had beautiful silky football playing a 4-2-4 and a home record won 20 drew 3 lost 0!
Sadly with MT record of signing's I wouldn't trust him with £2 in a pick and mix shop, he would buy those awful sour things because their coated in sugar! The real problem though isn't the manager its in the board room where certain people are very cosy in their position and lacks the desire to push the club forward even though the original goal was to become an established championship side.

Legohead

Banned
The problem with Matt Taylor is he doesn't learn from his mistakes. Two of the last seasons we've faded badly, last season was going the same way. I see people are blaming it on the pitch but for how many years has it been a problem? Tisdale moaned constantly about it so Taylor knew about the pitch from day one, a good manager would set his team to play on it knowing that it wasn't great. The pitch now though is fantastic compared to Terry Cooper's time and yet we had beautiful silky football playing a 4-2-4 and a home record won 20 drew 3 lost 0!
Sadly with MT record of signing's I wouldn't trust him with £2 in a pick and mix shop, he would buy those awful sour things because their coated in sugar! The real problem though isn't the manager its in the board room where certain people are very cosy in their position and lacks the desire to push the club forward even though the original goal was to become an established championship side.
This.

I did hold high hopes that ECFC of all clubs were a beacon amongst lower league clubs for being run appropriately and with supporters at heart, but i am slowly coming round to thinking the above.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Swindon likewise.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
This.

I did hold high hopes that ECFC of all clubs were a beacon amongst lower league clubs for being run appropriately and with supporters at heart, but i am slowly coming round to thinking the above.
Sorry to disappoint you, but don't let us keep you, go back to following, Torquay , York, Derby, Chesterfield, Matlock or any of the others if you wish.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sexton,

No mention of AFC Wimbledon or Burton Albion changing managers and turning their seasons around ??

Just Swindon and Bristol Rovers because it suits your viewpoint.

For the record I've never said I want Taylor gone however you cannot just pick and choose your examples.