• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Williams joins Exeter City from Watford

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Was it Hull City that Williams turned down a move to at the beginning of the Season ?

Hull were promoted to the Championship yesterday.
He turned down Hull, but agreed terms with Peterborough. At the last minute though he changed his agent who then started to mess Peterborough around which rubbed their chairman the wrong way. Williams didn't turn them down it was Peterborough that actually pulled the contract offer from Williams as they were that p$#sed off with how it was all handled.

Then Williams had to stay as he had burnt those bridges! Needless to say I doubt he is best pleased with his agent now!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
He turned down Hull, but agreed terms with Peterborough. At the last minute though he changed his agent who then started to mess Peterborough around which rubbed their chairman the wrong way. Williams didn't turn them down it was Peterborough that actually pulled the contract offer from Williams as they were that p$#sed off with how it was all handled.

Then Williams had to stay as he had burnt those bridges! Needless to say I doubt he is best pleased with his agent now!
Ah yes...Remember something about it now.
Ironically the two teams who offered him terms are both Championship bound...Looks like a opportunity missed for him(& the Grecians)

grecIAN Harris

I never understand why some people assume because a player may not be good at some things it implies they’re not trying. Yet when there’s a player who’s good at nothing there’s no similar comments. Fisher is good at nothing, yet the lack of post stating he has no desire aren’t there. What’s the difference?
Fisher isn't being built up to be a player that he isn't. Fisher is a League 2 squad player at best. Nobody expects so nobody gets disappointed when it doesn't happen. Randell Williams, in the eyes of some, is the next best thing since sliced bread, was going to make us hundreds of thousands in transfer fees and when he doesn't perform to a standard he gets questioned. Because of the sort of player he is and his general relaxed demeanour on the pitch, one of those things is effort. You're question me though about something I've been saying for a long time about him. I don't expect to have a right foot like a wand but if he is to continue playing down the right hand side of the pitch I do expect him to be able to put a reasonable cross in on a reasonable basis.

STURTZ

Yes Williams hasn't come baack firing and hasn't reproduced earlier form at all this entire season, there are obviously reasons for this, coming back from a broken leg is a pretty good excuse in my book. But to single him out and draw attention to his performance as if it was a major factor in our dismal team effort is crass and lazy. He got dropped as a lot of people had hoped, we were still shit, rejoice!

IndoMike

Matt T did say he would be a player who would excite the fans. Seems like he's annoying the fans rather than exciting them now
I still think he's a good player at Div 2 level but his injury and the transfer fracas have clearly affected him and apparently he seems to lack confidence/ to be unmotivated. When he's on form he livens up our attack.
I guess if we were offered a job at (say) double our salary or more but somebody screwed up the process we'd be p*ssed off too, but City pays his salary and he should be professional and do his best for us

Reactions: Ash