• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next Season......

Boyo

I’ve not watched any games but wouldn’t Jay and Randall be ahead of Key in the best player stakes?! Is the bit about Sweeney a joke?! Distribution and off field contribution!? You mean he gets the drinks in after games......?! his game went downhill when he started missing the penalties. I am sure he’s a great bloke but there will be better options if you up the rewards. I bet you will be surprised how many players want to move to the back of nowhere if the wages go up.......
Key and Randall have been our best players. Sweeney has generally had a good season and compared to Parkes and McArdle his distribution is light years ahead. He's proved he can play in a few positions and is a useful squad member in an improved squad next year IMO. The bit about his off-field contribution was partly in jest, although there's a sniff of truth in it too.

Reactions: Ash

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I dont know if I like this approach to publicly stating we have buckets of cash to splurge. I would much prefer Matt Taylor to take a leaf out of Teddy Roosevelt’s foreign policy, "speak softly and carry a big stick".

Taylor should just focus on doing good business and the rest will fall into place. Money talks plenty loud enough on it's own without the town crier proclaiming it from the rooftops.
One man's bucket is another man's teacup. I guess we may never actually know how much Matt gets to spend.

ExmouthMart

Defence is not our problem. If you work on the basis of a first team squad of 22 with 2 players in every position then our 8 defenders are:

Page, Sparkes, Key, Caprice, Sweeney, Parkes, Stubbs and Hartridge.

We need midfielders and strikers.
Key yes. We’re stuck with Stubbs. Hartridge squad player but more than adequate if called upon. Sparkes is he a good enough defender?! He just shows flashes of what he can do generally. The rest no. Need better.
Midfield definitely needs an up grade too many similar lightweight types. Need much more dominance and fight in the games where we have to break teams down. How many games do we control possession but have one shot on target?! We can out pass anybody on our day but most teams are wise to that now.
Fisher no. Jay yes. Bowman. Who knows?! Some games he looks the dogs b*****ks but other times just b*****ks. Spend the first million on Jayden......

ExmouthMart

So you have not watched any games , and yet you feel qualified to talk about the players performances ? Sorry the only "joke" here is you pal, and a very bad one at that ! :ROFLMAO:
This season obviously. Why a joke?! It’s my opinion that’s all. I read the match reports and what people say on here and react to that. Don’t know you from adam, so what qualifies you to smack me down?!

Colesman Ballz

This season obviously. Why a joke?! It’s my opinion that’s all. I read the match reports and what people say on here and react to that. Don’t know you from adam, so what qualifies you to smack me down?!
Yeah it's your opinion, we all have them and are entitled to them. Mine is that I don't give much credence to yours in that by your own admission that it based on what has happened this season, when you haven't even watched the games ! Imho that makes it pretty worthless ! :ROFLMAO:

ExmouthMart

Yeah it's your opinion, we all have them and are entitled to them. Mine is that I don't give much credence to yours in that by your own admission that it based on what has happened this season, when you haven't even watched the games ! Imho that makes it pretty worthless ! :ROFLMAO:
Okay sorry you are obviously on the coaching staff and been present at every game my mistake. I apologise also for not attending every Home and Away game, not ever having had a season ticket or knowing the result of every game going back to god knows when. Remember #itsokaytotalk. Somethings can be hurtful even in jest.

Colesman Ballz

Okay sorry you are obviously on the coaching staff and been present at every game my mistake. I apologise also for not attending every Home and Away game, not ever having had a season ticket or knowing the result of every game going back to god knows when. Remember #itsokaytotalk. Somethings can be hurtful even in jest.
Now you are getting even more ridiculous (in my humble opinion, of course !) :)

geoffwp

Can we perhaps have an exeweb league table with points awarded for negative, team and manager bashing, ridiculous expectation comments. I reckon ExmouthMart would be in a good play off place along with raleigh. I'd like to think I'd be a cert for relegation!!😁

Rosencrantz

The likes of Sweenz and Jake have had good seasons this season and other seasons. It would be easy to offer them new contracts. But sometimes hard decisions need to be made to move the team forward.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Here is who I expect to still be with us at the end of the season:
Jack Arthur
Sam Stubbs
Josh Key
Jack Sparkes
Alex Hartridge
Jordan Dyer
Cheick Diabate
Nigel Atangana
Archie Collins
Harry Kite
Joel Randall
Matt Jay
Ben Seymour
Nelson Iseguan

Players expected to leave:
Lewis Ward
Johnny Maxted
Tom Parkes
Lewis Page - has been offered contract but hasn't signed
Pierce Sweeney
Jake Taylor
Randall Williams
Robbie Wilmott
Noah Smerdon
Will Dean
Ryan Bowman - Under Contract but will be leaving
Alex Fisher
Nicky Ajose

Unknown Senior Pros:
McArdle and Caprice as not sure if they signed a 1 year or 2 year deal. If a 1 year deal then I think they will also be leaving.

Unknown Youngsters:
Louis Morison
James Dodd
Lewis Wilson
Sonny Cox - Most likely not signing
Harry Lee - Most likely not Signing

Certainly a lot of work for MT to do in the transfer market and a real need for some quality experience pro's to be brought in.

As the title of the thread suggests it will certainly be an interesting summer!