• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow A.F.C. v Exeter City F.C. Match Day Thread

Topsham Boy

Much will depend on which City team decides to show up on the ploughed field. Having confidently predicted a loss to Cambridge, I can even more confidently say I don’t have a clue. UTC.
Agree. Will it be the Barcelona-like City, or the hoof and hope City? It’s always been the same...you never know.

haka

By the end of this set of L2 games City could be anywhere from 5th to 11th (in theory 12th, but if we've lost 15-0 we'll have bigger problems!).

Everyone else is doing their best to keep us in the hunt, we need to do our own favours now.

Prediction: 2-1 win, and a red card each.

eurogrecian

This will be a completely different game I expect
Absolutely. Barrow would settle for a 0-0 now. We'll need to be patient. An early goal for us would work wonders....

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Never say "We should win games like this". It's asking for trouble.

budegrecian

Will be watching. I hope we can continue on from Saturday and get the three points.

Jason's preview

This is the Cambridge preview.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree. Will it be the Barcelona-like City, or the hoof and hope City? It’s always been the same...you never know.
We're more likely to see the Barcelona-like City when one of Randell and Randall is playing. However. I'm not sure whether Randell is ready to start 2 games in 4 days. it may be a case of hoping he can do something off the bench if we are still struggling to break down Barrow's defence.

budegrecian

A point will do Barrow very nicely, whilst we need all three. Therefore the onus is on us, as the away side, to make something happen, whereas they can sit back. This will make it more difficult, but after Saturday we can do this!

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Play our most direct team (including Williams) and go for it from the start, we've shown that were good when we get an early goal and our defence is well capable of putting up the shutters. We struggle when we chase games or leave it late.

Never mind the teams behind us, as Haka says it's all down to how we do from now on.

Ash

I have to referee tonight, so this will be the first game this season that I haven't watched live. A bit gutted tbh, but as long as we win i can live with it. Don't let me down boys.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This is Jason's preview of the Barrow game :)