• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How many alcoholic units are you downing in an average week ?

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nowt.
8 cans/bottles of stout and 2 bottles of wine in the kitchen untouched since Christmas.
Not felt the urge on lockdown.
Looking forward to a pint from FECRACE when next open.

elginCity

Drinking less
Yep, with the pubs closed, definitely drinking less.

LOG

40 -45 units a week for me regularly. I drink most nights, some weeks every night of the week and usually have 3 bottles of IPA type ale each night which are about 3.6%. On one or two nights i will have 4 bottles. Want to stop and want to shift a bit of timber but it's not possible at the moment given the severity of the restrictions on daily life that effect mental health unfortunately.
Have you tried low or alcohol free beers? There are a lot to choose from now unlike the days when Kaliber :sick: was the only choice.

contrabombarde

40 -45 units a week for me regularly. I drink most nights, some weeks every night of the week and usually have 3 bottles of IPA type ale each night which are about 3.6%. On one or two nights i will have 4 bottles. Want to stop and want to shift a bit of timber but it's not possible at the moment given the severity of the restrictions on daily life that effect mental health unfortunately.
I think that you are intelligent enough to know that drinking excessively is more likely to affect your mental health than the restrictions Lego and several people on here have offered you good advice and support.

It's good however that you "want to stop " so the rest is up to you.

As I get older I have noticed that I need less and less and now one glass of anything seems to affect me so it's win win.

elginCity

Have you tried low or alcohol free beers? There are a lot to choose from now unlike the days when Kaliber :sick: was the only choice.
Good shout. After Xmas acquired the taste for Becks Blue on offer at Asders, around £6 a case IIRC.

Legohead

Banned
How come alcohol free stuff costs a lot more than alcohol itself?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
For lager drinkers Skol isn't a bad option, you can basically have two for the price of one (in alcohol terms).

It's 2.8% and 4 cans for £2 from Iceland.

I don't work for Skol by the way :D

Like Elgin I also drink Becks Blue from time to time, not bad for an alcohol free option.

Grecian2K

How come alcohol free stuff costs a lot more than alcohol itself?
Probably for the same reason that "low calorie" meals seem to cost more than the regular ones.
I believe it is what is known as a "smugness tax". :p

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anything in particular that you think is any good ?

contrabombarde

Anything in particular that you think is any good ?
I find " Bavaria" alcohol free beer from Amazon quite palatable. It's very reasonable at £11.97 for 24 330ml cans. Freedam beer from Sainsbury's very good too. Both a great drink after a good spell in the garden when you fancy a beer without the effect.