• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The opposition’s views

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some comments from the Orient fans forum.

"Can’t believe Exeter are outside the play offs. Really enjoying watching them play. Us, on the other hand."

"Exeter are simply quicker to everything, closing us down, feels like we're playing to keep the score down."

"That goal was the nuts. From back to front." (about our third goal)

"Poor defending again but that goal started with their No. 30 running from 10 yards outside his own penalty area and after two exchanges of passes with his teammates putting a cross into a player outside our box. No tippy, tappy across the pitch, just direct up the pitch. :!: :!:
~ ~ Yes. Was lovely play."

"I am shocked how good Exeter are. Yes, we have been appalling but they are playing some beautiful one touch stuff."

"Lovely play from their forwards leading to the penalty. They’re different class to us."

"... But take nothing away from Exeter they have been superb today, possibly the best side I’ve seen this season based on the performance I’m watching."

"FT well played Exeter, best wishes for the auto promo push. A good side."
Generous comments there, far more than I've ever seen on an opposition site. Fair play to those Orient fans.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Generous comments there, far more than I've ever seen on an opposition site. Fair play to those Orient fans.
That is because historically Orient fans are a decent bunch.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Always a top day out at Brisbane Road. Old school pubs, Leyton High Road, the walk through the park and a 'proper' lower division football ground. We always take a good number too, being the spiritual home of the London exiles.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We played a team away earlier in the season who were equally as complimentary. I can't remember who it was, possibly Grimsby, but one of their fans commented how every year we play them off the park but never seem to go up which they found strange

tonykellowfan

Leyton's ground is modern and souless

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very harsh indeed.

ECFC89

Their away/home end allows you to make a right racket !! Could be 12 of you and it still sounds loud.

Legohead

Banned

and in London which makes it even worse. However, credit to the U's fans for their kind comments.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I miss my days out to Brisbane Road.

home counties

Some years ago, living near Bedford, I was on the train from Paddington to a home game and came across some Orient fans on their way to a conference game at Torquay. Met the same fans on the way back and they were absolutely superb. Plenty of beers, keen to talk about lower league footballing experiences etc. Top guys.