• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can recommend Eastbourne...It has a reputation for gods waiting room it has great sea front & pier.
The last time I went there(Tennis 2019) I couldn’t find my car.The wide roads with the lovely Victorian & Edwardian houses all look same.It took me about 45 mins to find it..😁
It can't be THAT difficult to find a Rolls Royce, surely Olds.

InTheBigBank

Resigned
Idiot scientist on the radio at the moment. Advocating face masks forever it sounds like. Citing the disappearance of flu thanks to the mask wearing. Maybe someone should tell the scientist that we've also not been allowed to see anyone else for about 3 months so maybe that has played a more significant role?

Note to scientist: It is not feasible to lock people away and keep people away from each other during flu season. It is the fact that people aren't mixing with other people that has played the biggest role in the stopping of the spread of flu. Not masks.
This is a problem. The hypochondriacs have now been given centre stage.

A year ago, if someone suggested to the public that every winter we should only leave the house when absolutely essential, and when doing so you should look like you're about to perform surgery, they would have been told to feck right off.

Then comes China and their authoritarian policies, in conjunction with a media fear campaign, and suddenly winter restrictions in the name of health are being given far more credence than anyone should be comfortable with.

Mr Jinx

This is a problem. The hypochondriacs have now been given centre stage.

A year ago, if someone suggested to the public that every winter we should only leave the house when absolutely essential, and when doing so you should look like you're about to perform surgery, they would have been told to feck right off.

Then comes China and their authoritarian policies, in conjunction with a media fear campaign, and suddenly winter restrictions in the name of health are being given far more credence than anyone should be comfortable with.

I suppose one positive we can take from all this is that a lot more elderly people will be taking a flu vaccine as winter approaches every year which should help the usual NHS winter meltdown a bit.

Legohead

Banned
We are breaking the law today. My kids best friend has asked her to come over and play for the afternoon and her parents are OK with it. They live in a town 10 miles from where live where my kid goes to school. As my kid has spent the best part of nearly 3 months holed up in her bedroom and not played with, or seen any of her friends physically since the 18th of December, we have agreed.

The Government always said they wanted to protect the vulnerable during Covid but they've only protected the elderly vulnerable and clinically vulnerable. For some reason they have missed out children during this 'protection'.

Will be seeing a happy kid at 6 when i pick her up!

Mr Jinx

I just got an invite to book my vaccine appointment.

I'm torn tbh. I had said I'd wait until Sept at the earliest, but after some rumination I'm thinking it'd be good to add a "Vaccinated against Covid" line to my CV which will be going out again next month. Mind you, that might just show to the employer that I'm an old git. It's a toughie.

elginCity

You don't want them thinking you're potentially clinically vulnerable either, Jinx.

Legohead

Banned
I just got an invite to book my vaccine appointment.

I'm torn tbh. I had said I'd wait until Sept at the earliest, but after some rumination I'm thinking it'd be good to add a "Vaccinated against Covid" line to my CV which will be going out again next month. Mind you, that might just show to the employer that I'm an old git. It's a toughie.
As you know Jinx, i am somewhat like your partner in terms of severe doubts about the vaccine and avoidance of things through fear. I also tend to question everything too which doesn't lend itself well to be able to trust anyone or anything. Let alone anything as seismic as a whole new vaccine for a whole new virus. My thoughts initially were similar to yours in which i'd rather wait a few years and see how it pans out, however, it is now crystal clear to me that in the very near future, anyone who does not have the vaccine (for whatever reason) will be pariahs.

They will be frowned upon and castigated by those in society who cannot think for themselves and simply view everyone who hasn't had the jab as a selfish granny killer.

They will not be able to do anything, go anywhere or travel. This is the game changer for increased vaccine take up. It doesn't sit well with me but that's the way it is sadly.

People who say that it's their choice to not have the vaccine will soon literally have no choice. I think it's wrong and slightly sinister but it's now inescapable.

I noticed the other day that Ian Brown, lead singer of one of my fave Madchester bands the Stone Roses (I Wanna Be Adored the ultimate classic) has pulled out of a festival because they want proof of vaccination status for acts. It hasn't dawned on him yet that if he ever wants to perform in public again, or even see another band in public again then he has no choice but to get vaccinated.

When my turn comes to get vaccinated i will go and have it done and hope for the best. I don't want the vaccine nor do i trust the vaccine but i want to have some sort of life when restrictions ease. If they ease of course which i'm not 100% sure will happen either. I am sceptical and do feel like a part of me feels that this is partly to get data about people and their movements etc and to get information about each of us all in one place, but that's just my view.

I don't subscribe to the theory that it is a ploy to control us. However i do think that those in power these days seem obsessed with collecting as much information about individuals as possible for all sorts of purposes, some possibly nefarious, which is why i don't use farcebook or any other social media that identifies me or gives people information about where i've worked, what things i buy, which toliet roll i prefer etc etc.

The simple fact is that ii believe that Governments will be able to get people to comply with vaccinations because they will restrict everything until they have had it done. So in effect it IS a forced vaccination programme IMO. Which is worrying.

manc grecian

I had my vaccine today. Work sent an email saying if you want one then you can get one now I've been told I wasn't on the list. Tough shit

Legohead

Banned
Scum Tories claiming they can't afford to pay nurses more than 1%. Probably because they've already spent billions on duff PPE and failed Track and Trace. They really are filthy pieces of sh*t.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The person who had tested positive with the Brazilian strain has now been found. You'd think we would have a tracing system in place!