• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was mildly amused to see it suggested that Matt Hancock (To55er) bears a likeness to Guy Siner. Gruber and his little tank in 'Allo 'Allo !

Oldsmobile-88

Obesity behind high Covid death rates in UK and other fat countries says WHO report bit.ly/3kIXPji

Wow,I found the percentage of people overweight in the UK astounding..I would have guessed at about a third.
Just checked my BMI & it’s just about in the normal zone 😎
F515E084-31F1-403E-BC11-FB152F560863.jpeg

InTheBigBank

Resigned
Obesity behind high Covid death rates in UK and other fat countries says WHO report bit.ly/3kIXPji

Wow,I found the percentage of people overweight in the UK astounding..I would have guessed at about a third.
View attachment 5534
Clearly we just had rubbish lockdowns and the other countries had really good ones.

Oldsmobile-88

Clearly we just had rubbish lockdowns and the other countries had really good ones.
KFC,Burger King & McDs were still selling their rubbish to the masses,albeit take away only.

IndoMike

View attachment 5534
Overweight = BMI 25-30
Obesity = BMI 30+

But it doesn't really matter. If you're overweight and got a problem then you surely will if you're obese (assuming the above data and correlations are correct).

Alistair20000

Quite a lot of us turn into overweight fat feckers as we get older.

What I find disturbing is the number of youngsters I see around who are very seriously overweight. Not a good starting point at all.

Legohead

Banned
Being overweight doesn't necessarily mean that a person is unhealthy. Also, BMI is not a 'one size fits all' way of measuring people, many of which will have differing frames and levels of muscle mass etc.

Also, just like most people who are over 80 will be fine if they get Covid, most people who are obese will be fine if they get Covid. Pretty important thing to point out there.

I believe the criteria that the NHS / Government state as clinically vulnerable to Covid are those with a BMI at 40 or above. Do deaths depend on HOW obese someone is? Are the people dying of Covid who are obese fitting into the 40 plus BMI category for the most part, of not then why are they not reducing the BMI to 30 as the criteria for making someone clinically vulnerable?

Anyway, each time i go out these days i am seeing literally hundreds of people each time who are carrying IMMENSE amounts of weight, and i thought i was on the heavy side! It's ridiculous. It's every time i go out. The numbers of seriously, seriously obese people everywhere is alarming. At least i try and breathe in to hide my paunch! Others just wobble around not giving a toss!

Legohead

Banned
Obviously hasn't helped that youngsters haven't been able to participate in Covid secure exercise activities for the past year but have been able to buy a McDonalds every day if they wanted. It also hasn't helped that youngsters have needlessly (IMO) been locked away for the last 3 months, giving them plenty of time to be able to eat themselves to oblivion in their bedrooms.

I've had a daily battle with my kid to watch what she is eating but i've noticed some weight gain. There really is little for many kids to do to be able to burn off these calories.

Mr Jinx

Obviously hasn't helped that youngsters haven't been able to participate in Covid secure exercise activities for the past year but have been able to buy a McDonalds every day if they wanted. It also hasn't helped that youngsters have needlessly (IMO) been locked away for the last 3 months, giving them plenty of time to be able to eat themselves to oblivion in their bedrooms.

I've had a daily battle with my kid to watch what she is eating but i've noticed some weight gain. There really is little for many kids to do to be able to burn off these calories.

Hey Lego - liking your new avatar. I'm thinking you might like this:

HARRY ENFIELD- THE YORKSHIREMAN - YouTube

Classic TV comedy that sadly wouldn't be made today.

Legohead

Banned
Hey Lego - liking your new avatar. I'm thinking you might like this:

HARRY ENFIELD- THE YORKSHIREMAN - YouTube

Classic TV comedy that sadly wouldn't be made today.

Haha i've seen that Jinx. Quality. Also Hale & Pace did some too but you could tell they were just southerners trying to act Yorkshire. Accents a bit poor.

Hale and Pace - Yorkshiremen - YouTube

Hale and Pace - Yorkshire Airlines - YouTube