• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley v Exeter discussion thread

eurogrecian

Most clubs are going to be playing two games a week for the next couple of months. Players are going to need to rotate and squad strength will be very important.
I don't know much about other clubs in L2, but I do think our 'second team' is one of the strongest I can remember.
Whatever team we feld at Crawley, we should have decent shout.
Just sad I won't be there, it is one of my daytrippable fixtures and I'd bought flights for the game (now refunded!)

Legohead

Banned
McArdle did fine last time out. Scored the winner too. I'd be reluctant to play him against any side with nippy / quick attacking line ups as his positioning is not the best and i've seen faster snails. However, he certainly can play a vital part for us and slot in and do a job no problems. Just that i think Matty needs to weigh up who the opposition are before selecting McArdle.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
for rotation in central defence we have the options of Hartridge and McArdle. And Stubbs soon-is (fingers crossed) And Dyer in due course.

But I'd stick with Sweeney and Parkes for now.

tonykellowfan

We have only played 4 games in February as a result of the postponements. We shouldn't need to rest players but I can imagine there will be a rotation, I expect Key may drop to the bench.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have only played 4 games in February as a result of the postponements. We shouldn't need to rest players but I can imagine there will be a rotation, I expect Key may drop to the bench.
I assume any rotation is not just about how many games we've recently played but also anticipating how many we have coming up in a short period of time.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I assume any rotation is not just about how many games we've recently played but also anticipating how many we have coming up in a short period of time.
I prefer playing the best line-up for any upcoming game and tweaking in future games when necessary. You don't know what will happen in the future so you can't plan for it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Would have been a great day out!

Jason's preview

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I prefer playing the best line-up for any upcoming game and tweaking in future games when necessary. You don't know what will happen in the future so you can't plan for it.
You are correct in that we don't know what will happen in the future, but we can still plan for what we know will happen ie. March's fixtures

Looks pretty good here: https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-two/12224176/crawley-1-0-colchester

I believe that Brighton play their women's or reserve/youth football there and give them a chunk of money to maintain the pitch.

Always plays well in the depths of winter and will allow some 'on the deck' football. They haven't quite been the same since their talisman Watters left for Cardiff a month or so back. Watch out for John Yem's post-match interview as it was a cracker last time. I always hold my breath with these games as they are hard to call and for me with the 'bragging rights' on the line.......we have them ATM!!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Thoughts of Robbie Willmot