• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Archie Collins

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
An absolute pleasure to watch . A true sportsman. A really well-rounded young man. In essence , a credit to himself, his parents and the Academy. An absolute natural for club captain. Long may he represent ECFC.
and please welcome to the stage, Jesus Christ our saviour

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
and please welcome to the stage, Jesus Christ our saviour
Jesus plays for Man Citeh. Sort it out Snoopfogthorpedale !

andrew p long

Yes strange that some people don't rate him.

A fantastic prospect at only 20.
Now 21. Born August 1999.

Alistair20000

I'm afraid you've got me there, Sturtz. I have no idea who you're talking about.
Here to help

Harry Enfield character innit.

Albumen

Thought I’d say this on the ‘I love Archie thread’ instead of the Colchester match day thread.

The boy was absolute class yesterday. Particularly in the second half. Some of his break-up play was match winning. And every time he got the ball he played smart - killing time when we really needed it. Him, Taylor and Jay have been the heartbeat of this team.

A lot of people on here talk about controlling the midfield, I’m not totally sure what that’s meant to look like - I’m guessing they are imagining Pirlo against England - but it’s really tough to do that in these days... especially when we play like we do - high tempo. But against Colchester i think Archie was,again, immense. And on top of his work rate and ability to play every game, he has a defence splitting pass and the odd absolute screamer in his locker: a superstar; Undeniably heading for bigger things.

To note... it was also up against a very impressive young midfielder in Chilvers. When we go up this year we should look at him.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Um wasn't Chilvers lucky to remain on the pitch after he elbowed Parkes!

Albumen

Um wasn't Chilvers lucky to remain on the pitch after he elbowed Parkes!
Missed that. Doesn’t mean he’s not a good footballer though. Even the greats like Cantona and Bowman 😜have the odd moment.

Rosencrantz

Missed that. Doesn’t mean he’s not a good footballer though. Even the greats like Cantona and Bowman 😜have the odd moment.
Promising young player but we are well stocked for promising young midfielders at the moment with more coming through.

Grecianpasty

Collins is an understated player, who doesn't always get the recognition he deserves.

You can tell he's maturing, his ball retention has improved significantly from this year to last. Ist clear to see why he has been captain on occasions, he looks a real leader on the pitch.

Personally, I'd be happy for him not to get the plaudits he deserves if it means him being at the club for longer.

P. S - Definitely better than Sercombe.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Collins is an understated player, who doesn't always get the recognition he deserves.

You can tell he's maturing, his ball retention has improved significantly from this year to last. Ist clear to see why he has been captain on occasions, he looks a real leader on the pitch.

Personally, I'd be happy for him not to get the plaudits he deserves if it means him being at the club for longer.

P. S - Definitely better than Sercombe.
Liam was playing regularly in League 1 at a younger age than Archie is now but never kicked on to play at a higher level. Going to see how Archie progresses and hopefully he can go on to have a better career than Liam.