• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’s going to be all about being tight at the back and keeping that momentum going.
And Andresson sorting his kicking out! Shockingly bad tonight in the first half, but he did improve in the second.

Legohead

Banned
A joy to watch some of that passing and movement tonight. Credit to all involved in the win. The first goal was like watching Barcelona! Not to mention a solid, organized defensive performance (other than the Col U goal) and confident handling and decision making once again from Jokull.

Really pleased for Seymour getting the goal and having a really promising performance. He'll be happy this evening with that, as we all are. I'm still not convinced but maybe this is the platform he needs now to kick on and develop.

Key looks a player doesn't he? Especially going forward. Looks smooth and cultured. Randall also looks after the ball really well and makes passes and movement look effortless. He seems to love the 'outside of the boot' pass. However, i'd like to see more end product in dangerous areas from Randall.

Jay worked his socks off and was unlucky with the ruled out excellent header and also the near post shot in the 2nd half.

Collins first half was quiet but showed up really well second half. Even Fisher worked hard in the last 5 to close the game out.

All in all absolutely no complaints at all. A thoroughly dominant showing over a Colchester side which were either made to look poor, or they simply were just that - poor. An atrocious performance by them and i've no idea how they managed a shot, let alone score. The only chance they had first half was from a corner in the last minute, won from a dodgy Sweeney header.

I don't think we missed Bowman really but we did get lucky that Colchester were so dire and even my gran could have played upfront with ease tonight.

Amazing effort all round Matty and the lads! Massive well done on the 3 points!

Really decent commentary too. Who is that who does the commentary?

Grecian2K

And Andresson sorting his kicking out! Shockingly bad tonight in the first half, but he did improve in the second.
It has been particularly windy throughout the UK today.
Might that have had some effect on this "performance of two halves - particularly given the somewhat exposed nature of the "NewLayer" location?
Just a thought.

I reckon FGR, Cheltenham and one other for the autos. Could be us but IMO Tranmere the most likely if Woolery and Vaughan stay fit; they are class.
Were they not playing when we done them 5-0?

Don't forget Ajose !
He will be keeping himself fir for next season...when he plays for Newton abbot reserves

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Colchester were so dire and even my gran could have played upfront with ease tonight.
:LOL: :D:LOL:🤣

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
He will be keeping himself fir for next season...when he plays for Newton abbot reserves
Nah. He would better suit Buckland's style of play :)

grecIAN Harris

It has been particularly windy throughout the UK today.
Might that have had some effect on this "performance of two halves - particularly given the somewhat exposed nature of the "NewLayer" location?
Just a thought.
That doesn't stop him getting the ball off of the deck in the first place. There were a number of times he got away with poor clearances that wouldn't have been troubled by the wind because they didn'tget high enough.

Things are looking good. Could be a blessing in disguise having the Bowmanator out for a while..having a rest. Williams to come back and the new chap Stubbs to come in.

STURTZ

Hope he doesn't "sort his kicking out" until after Reading let us have him at a knock down price!